What's the current best OD pedal that doesn't color the sound and cleans up well?

2HBStrat

I've 'progressed' through original TS-808, TS-9, SparkleDrive and OCD. What's next on my list?

traviswalk

In the Great State
Gold Supporting Member
Tim/Timmy, I love it for the lack of coloration unless you want it to.

RCM78

Do you want to add drive or are you just looking for a clean boost?

I love the Suhr Koko boost. Hits the front end of my amp with a nice hot clean signal. It doesnt color my sound one bit and cleans up nice with the guitar volume...

Telebluze

Gold Supporting Member
I really like the Mad Professor Sky Blue Over Drive and the Lovepedal Eternity

2HBStrat

Do you want to add drive or are you just looking for a clean boost?.......
I want a pedal that works like a (somewhat) maxed out tube amp. With the right setting the sound would be clean with the guitar's volume down and add more OD the more you turn the guitar up. I want a pedal that I can leave on all of the time and just work the pickups selector switch and volume controls. The OCD is the best I've found so far to do that.

Jet Age Eric

I want a pedal that works like a (somewhat) maxed out tube amp. With the right setting the sound would be clean with the guitar's volume down and add more OD the more you turn the guitar up. I want a pedal that I can leave on all of the time and just work the pickups selector switch and volume controls. The OCD is the best I've found so far to do that.
Seriously: Solidgold Superdrive. That's what it does: Sounds like your amp cranked up. Totally works with your vol. knob and really responds to your picking. -E

Big fan of the Barber LTD, LTD SR and 1/2 Gainer ( which is two LTD SRs in one box. Great for adding just a bit more OD and volume for leads)

2HBStrat

Thanks for the ideas! Unfortunately none of the (lousy) music stores in my town carry those brands!

JP~)

PCFX Fuzzy Lady is your ticket to ride

reo73

I have the Monte Allums H2O mod to a Boss BD-2 and it is exactly what you described. I have never played a pedal with so little coloration and it has a great gain taper and cleans up perfectly. It is so good I keep it on all the time when I play and use the guitars volume to go crystal clean.

Blues Lyne

I recently picked up a Cause and Effects FET Dream. With my Fender amp, it has settings that are very transparent and it is super dynamic and cleans up well.

BedroomRockStar01

Supporting Member
You're going to hear the Tim/Timmy a lot on here, but unlike most of these hyped pedals, the Timmy actually lives up to expectations. Hands down, this is the best light OD pedal I've ever used. It's essential for me. I can't say enough good things about it.

Additionally, fuzz pedals are very interactive with your tone/volume controls, but that's quite a different sound from a true OD.

Trending Topics