• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Whats the longest you've ever waited for a setup/repair?

Dewey Cox

Whats the longest you've ever waited for a setup/repair? I've been waiting for a repair for 4 weeks. According to the quote I still have 2 more weeks to wait. How about you guys?

ldizzle

Silver Supporting Member
well...one of my main teles hasnt been pro-setup since I purchased it in 05... =)
Severely needs a fretdress!

My les pauls with bigsby's though... depends on how active I am...but there was a time that it was 2 guitars once a month! =X

slpayne

6 months one time...that was pre arranged and a major fix for my acoustic...for minor stuff a month or two at most but normally with my tech 5 days to a week/week and a half....i wouldnt worry until the 6 week mark comes and goes

esoteric pete

Silver Supporting Member
3 months for some acoustic bridge work. the guy was backed up, and HIGHLY reccomended. the work came out better that expected, and on time. worth the wait.

vortexxxx

I've waited a month once for just a setup. Repairs can take much longer especially if the repairers are known to be very good at their job and are backlogged.

G Man

Major work on an acoustic, took close to 9 months before I got the guitar back.

stormin1155

Silver Supporting Member
Depends on if it is a guitar I play a lot or one that just sits in the case. Normally if one of my guitars needs work I'll do it right away. I do all my own work, so it usually depends on when I have the time.

Auriemma

2 weeks at SA... never again. All my others had been no more than 3-7 days at other places, with a better set-up.

Devin

Low Voltage
2 weeks... and this was a parts guitar with a neck that neeeded to be drilled.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom