• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

What's the most flexible guitar cable?

Grenville

I've been using Lava ELC cables for my rig for the last few years, and I do love em, but they aren't the most flexible cables in the world. They're always curling in different directions and won't lay flat on the floor.

Maybe I'm expecting too much - are there cables that sound good, are flexible but don't cost the earth?

Yes, I'd love a Vovox Sonorus if I could justify A$200 for a 15-18 footer, but there must be less expensive options?

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
Gepco XBand
Evidence Audio Reveal

I use both and find them to quite flexible, IMO.

jonathansuhr

Gotham Audio GAC-1 Ultra Pro is fantastic. Double spiral shield for SUPER FLEXIBILITY.

Also Mogami's thinner models are extremely flexible as well.

tdarian

Platinum Supporting Member
Gotham Audio GAC-1 Ultra Pro is fantastic. Double spiral shield for SUPER FLEXIBILITY.

Also Mogami's thinner models are extremely flexible as well.

The Gotham Audio GAC-1 is super flexible, easy to use, and is lower in capacitance so friendly for longer runs as well perhaps. Also not expensive, I got mine from LAVA.

dwoverdrive

I find Livewire Elite to sound fantastic and be extremely flexible with low memory. Great value for what you get and they've won a couple internet blind cable shootouts

oldhousescott

Gold Supporting Member
On the cheap end of the scale, the Strukture woven cable is very flexible, lays flat with no memory, and sounds good enough to me. The connectors are a potential weak link, but the cable comes with a lifetime warranty, so there's that.

Grenville

I ended up getting a 15' Gotham Audio GAC-1 Ultra Pro, and it was just what I was looking for.

Unfortunately, it went missing after a gig, and I may need to get another one!

zul

Gold Supporting Member
Evidence Audio Forte is very flexible and sounds fantastic.

Tony was gracious enough to let me trade in my old Lyric HG for what was then the new Forte cable; no charge, no RMA, no fuss. He even delivered it to me before I could return the cable to him- with instructions to just put it in the mail at my convenience.

Same great full frequency sound, a whole lot more flexible. Light, and coils up to nothing.

DaveKS

You must learn to wrap properly grasshopper.

This technique also works for garden hoses as well.

Trending Topics