What’s the most ridiculously overpriced pedal?

eSS eSS

Kind of depends on the definition of overpriced. The KTR price is determined “by the market” since it is supposedly discontinued as opposed to anything JRAD sells on the New market. Like the Archer.

Now that’s overpriced to me.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
Considering a pedal that hit the market at $265 and had pros second guessing the cost and is now selling for near $5000, that has to be the answer. Other price gougers are merely double or triple the value of the pedal’s original cost.

Vhailor

Silver Supporting Member
Schumann PPL.

( Fun fact: There is an on-line article somewhere or other, with pictures, saying that the soldering of the unit being photographed and reviewed was the worst soldering the reviewer had ever seen.)

Taylor Gretsch

Schumann PPL.

( Fun fact: There is an on-line article somewhere or other, with pictures, saying that the soldering of the unit being photographed and reviewed was the worst soldering the reviewer had ever seen.)
This is a new one to me, and a definite contender. Have no idea how it sounds, but at that price....

RichCollector

combine privilege with disposable income, enough vocal friends and the skies the limit
One point though. Every pedal or instrument I can think of which carries a ridiculous pricetag, like an original Klon, or a 50s Gibson or Fender, has absolutely amazing tone. Maybe some or most buy them because of what others say, but some actually covet their tone and will pay anything for it if they can.

tktk

All of them.

Seriously, anything by Shin Suzuki of Shin’s Music Japan. They look like they’re were made by blind kinds at some benefit camp.
Also, his Dumbloid is not original and has basis in other pedals.

For what they are they’re about four times overpriced. It’s a case of the mans name commanding high prices…id est, hype.
Haha, in Japanese domestic market, there are so many hyped shops, and they are one of them. Human Gear, Honda Sound Works, etc etc...

sixty2strat

Indeed, D*A*M pedals are so ridiculously overpriced I’ve never even considered one and nor will I.

There‘s many manufacturers in such a category.

Hands make music, not $600 pedals.
I have a MKII Sola I got for 375 at the time, IIRC it was 300 pounds. Pricey but a TS808 new was 150 and an old was 900. I saw they were now 600 pounds. Great as it is, that is just crazy.

Last edited: