What's the most "secure" pedal on your board and why?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by wrxplayer, Mar 29, 2020.

1. wrxplayer

wrxplayer Supporting Member

For me it's a Fulltone Plimsoul. I keep my Fender stlyle amp on "edge of breakup" and this is the best pedal I've found to take it to Marshall territory. As an added plus I LOVE the sustain is provides for single notes/solos.

Honorable mention: Providence Chrono delay. I got hooked on it watching Lance's demo and set it up as he does. There may be better sounding delays but I don't have cash or inclination to go down that rabbit hole with this one in the house.

2. jblake

jblake Member

The Verb/Trem footswitch for my amp. It’s the only thing that gets plugged in every time.

3. Trebor Renkluaf

Trebor Renkluaf I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse? Silver Supporting Member

Hmmm... might have to pull my Plimosul out again. It got swapped out a while back for something else...
    For me it's probably my Lovepedal AMP Eleven. Just sounds so dang good from cleanish low gain, to mid gain, to as high gain as I'll ever use, and that's before being boosted. Just a great sounding and versatile pedal imho.

4. Squatch57

Squatch57 Member

H&K Rotosphere, it's my longest standing pedal since 1998 and I can't be bothered upgrading.
    Not that it even goes on the board, it's off to the side for obvious reasons.

5. tonegangster

tonegangster Silver Supporting Member

6. 8len8

8len8 Supporting Member

Timmy, to goose an already great sounding amp.

7. Daytona57

Daytona57 Member

Fairfield Barbershop is the only pedal, I deed to boost my 18W amp into tube saturation.

YMMV

8. slide13

slide13 Supporting Member

Polytune mini.

For actual effect it’s probably Volante these days. I’ve loved it since it got it but I run a small single row board and it takes up a lot of space so I tried to downsize to the El Capistan but I missed the Volante so I think it’s back for good now. Tried lots of delays, this is the only one that I’ve ever really loved.

Pedal on my board that has spent the most time on there in total (not consecutive) is the Chase Bliss Brothers. So many options which is great for a small board like mine and it just has a really good low gain drive tone that I love. I’ve had that on longer than anything on my board except the Polytune.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  9. Tiny Montgomery

Tiny Montgomery Supporting Member

My wdng Sunface and big box DMM have been on my main board since ‘07 or so.

10. OotMagroot

OotMagroot Supporting Member

Plumes. I can use it with my clean amp, boost other pedals with it, or boost a dirty amp.

11. RevelBandGuitar

RevelBandGuitar Member

My JHS Morning Glory. It’s been on the board for going on two years now, and it really helps fatten up my Tele/JM -> Princeton setup. I leave it on all the time and use the red remote feature like an OD pedal.

My runner up would be my WFRI Rat. I’ve tried so many clones at this point and have yet to find one I like nearly as much.

ryentzer and Woowoo like this.
  12. darkwaters

darkwaters Member

TC HOF, 'cause I need reverb like a dog needs a bone.

13. WWW

WWW Supporting Member

Effectrode Blackbird, because it’s the foundation of my tone. Blackface Fender as good as it gets, plus D and SLO channels. I could probably get by with just the blackbird, but TGP.

14. Help!I'maRock!

Help!I'maRock! Member

None. All live in fear of my tyrannical rule.

saladin, djw, Deadpool_25 and 54 others like this.
  15. whateverdude

whateverdude Silver Supporting Member

16. middy

middy Member

TR-2. I need a basic tremolo and this just works.

Flouncingfleasbag, jens5 and MBT74 like this.
  17. stratguy23

stratguy23 Supporting Member

Turbo Tuner probably. It works so well for both live situations and setting intonation.

Longest tenured is my old DMM. I love it but it’s so big and I want some presets, so I think a Tonal Recall RKM is going to kick it off this year.

Safest actual effect is probably my D*A*M Drag’n’Fly. Being that it is a hybrid of a Tonebender and Si Fuzz Face, it gets classic fuzz tones, but it is unique and it solves the issues with those pedals and isn’t as finicky about impedance. I’ve tried to knock it off but it works with every guitar I throw at it, it’s been my main gigging fuzz for a long time.

18. Kennyscrown

Kennyscrown Member

Timeline. I could see myself getting other delays, but they would be to complement not replace. It’s so good.

The longest standing pedal on my board is the Rothwell Love Squeeze compressor, at 6-7 years. I like it a lot, and for the price would recommend it to
    anyone. But it is only still there because I doubt I would be able to get something better sounding without spending at least £250 I.e only the Cali could top it I think.

19. Blue Lizard

Blue Lizard Member

I deconstructed my big pedalboard a while ago and made up a mini board (Nano+) as a stripped down input channel of my most used FX, that I use into amps and my Kemper.

[​IMG]

These are all “secure”, but (other than the TT and the G10), the one I have on all the time is the Drybell Unit67 - it’s simply a “better” switch, so why turn it off?!

The Vibe Machine also has a similar sweetening effect; just running a signal through it adds a warmth & creaminess that makes it worth keeping in line, even when the vibe itself is bypassed.

20. macrossgeorge

macrossgeorge Member