What's the most "secure" pedal on your board and why?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by wrxplayer, Mar 29, 2020.

1. Funky Monkey

Funky Monkey Supporting Member

A delay. I could get by without it myself, but certain songs with a full band require it and there's just no way to approximate the effect with anything else.

2. mikebjammin

mikebjammin Member

My Diamond Compressor. It is subtle enough that I always leave it on; I have the compression set on around 10 o'clock and the EQ and Volume right at noon. I've had it on my board for the last 5 years.

awallace and sprawlstopper like this.
  3. Catatafish

Catatafish Supporting Member

Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret. Giant classic rock cranked up Marshall at living room levels, on any amp.

4. Sparadrap

Sparadrap Member

Boss BD-2.
    Delivers edge of breakup over a wide spectrum.

Tung-Sol Tube and SubApathy like this.
  5. SubApathy

SubApathy Supporting Member

Secure (never leaving the board): Tumnus Deluxe - However, the KTR is my latest toy...so...maybe the KTR. I like them both for their "clean gain"

Secure (actually stuck): Boss DD-20 - You might end up with a pulled muscle if you move it.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    ShredSquatch likes this.
  6. lamenlovinit

lamenlovinit Member

Handful of pedals that captured the zeitgeist of a time. The Timmy is one of those. Tube Screamer. Big Muff. OCD. Timmy. I'm talking relatively easy to get.

7. MkIII Renegade

MkIII Renegade Member

Hiding from Murder Hornets in Atlanta, GA
    t.c. electronic NOVA delay, because it sounds great first, plus it is compact and easy to operate. Better overall clarity and cleaner repeats with heavy gain than my old Boss DD20.

Also my t.c. electronic Sentry. Basically anything by t.c. :cool:

8. eoengineer

eoengineer Supporting Member

My Barber Burn Unit has been on my board for years, which is dramatically longer than any other pedal on my board. It seems to be able to work with every guitar and amp under the sun without sounding generic. I just wish it didn't pop when switching between its two modes.

9. TheGuildedAge

TheGuildedAge Member

Same.

Even my wife laughs when I say, "my pedalboard is finished."

I was scrolling my phone yesterday and saw a pic from October. Only three of the 9 remain today, ha.

tnipe, Bonhoeffer and SubApathy like this.
  10. m8a8n8n

m8a8n8n Member

• 1) TC E Wiretap. It doesn’t matter how cool the riff or piece sounds if you can’t remember it later. The Wiretap solves that problem. If you ever find bursts of creative inspiration, it’s a crime for those moments to go unrecorded.
    • 1) If we’re only talking EFFECT pedals, that’s a tough one. Probably the Pulp n’ Peel V4. I’m hoping to find someone who can modify it so that the dirt amount control is controllable via expression pedal.

11. tlgvintage

tlgvintage Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

Things have come and gone but the Strymon Flint has stayed for years.

martinrawlins likes this.
  12. neastguy

neastguy Member

Boss Ce-2 sold one once and regretted it... luckily got another for $50 a CL steal for sure :)

tnipe likes this.
  13. sleshnyc

sleshnyc Supporting Member

I covered the entire bottom of my Prince of Tone in velcro. No way that thing is coming off.

SubApathy likes this.
  14. blueman61

blueman61 Member

Pretty much any one of my Barber pedals. They always stay.

15. sprawlstopper

sprawlstopper Member

Chase Bliss Thermae.
    No matter what kind of delay I want I find it here, pseudo chorus, raindrops, pitch shifting and it's endless manipulations. All in stunning quality AND it gets wiiiiiiiiild in oscillation. My desert island pedal.

Runner up:
    FacelessFX de Sade v2.
    An expanded, modernized Tonebender MkI circuit, it's the only fuzz I need. A bit unhinged yet surprisingly flexible. Works well with any guitar/pedals I pair it with. It's gorgeous.

songtalk and Buddy67 like this.
  16. Buddy67

Buddy67 Member

Chase Bliss Spectre. I went through a number of flangers, univibes, phasers, and rotary pedals and this covers all that the best and with expression control over very useful parameters. I use it, subtly or overtly, on every song.
    Runner up is my Catalinbread Talisman. Haven’t turned it off since I got it 5 years ago.

sprawlstopper likes this.
  17. LarryBirdsFace

LarryBirdsFace Member

Tubescreamer.

I play a Strat through Fender style amps. It just does the thing, and does it well.

eltorrero and Woowoo like this.
  18. loganme

loganme Supporting Member

J Rockett Blue Note Custom. I got it in a trade, the "Hot" setting is built as a foot switch. It's become my most used pedal BY FAR.

19. Codyh630

Codyh630 Member

Paul Cochrane Tim. It's been on my board for about 8 years now and I can't see it going anywhere. Plus, the used prices keep going up...
    The Boss DD-5 is a close second. For those super clean digital dotted eighths, that pedal is just the gold standard. Nothing else sounds quite as good.

20. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

My volume pedal. It's been incorporated into my style/sound/approach since the late 70s. Back then, I used a Sho-Bud. For the last 25 years or so, I've been using a large Erie Ball. After that, I'd say my Timmy. Got it in about 2004 or 5 and it's been on the board ever since.