• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

What's the most subtle effect on your board?

RYAN1987M

Gold Supporting Member
And how do you use it? Just curious...

For me, it's probably my trem pedal - a SolidGoldFX Stutter Lite - set slow and with minimal depth to just provide a bit of movement to my clean tone.

Jim Marciano

Silver Supporting Member
Not but for real, when I use modulation ...usually phaser, chorus, or flanger
Compression or delay I like those fairly subtle, but fuzz and univibe I use full out

Bill Lumberg

I Drink and I Know Things.
Gold Supporting Member
On my big board it's my compressor(either an Origin Cali76 or a Pigtronix Phil. Tone Germ.)
It helps to smooth some peaks that makes the fuzzes after it sound better.

On my smaller board, it's definitely the Fulltone SupaTrem. It's set for a 'barely there' wobble that I love.

David MacNeill

Silver Supporting Member
Moog Minifooger Boost. Always on preamp/buffer/treble filter. I don’t play without it. Expression pedal down adds its 6db boost when I need a lift.

Rio

Platinum Supporting Member
And how do you use it? Just curious...

For me, it's probably my trem pedal - a SolidGoldFX Stutter Lite - set slow and with minimal depth to just provide a bit of movement to my clean tone.
Boss vibrato for the same reason.

Rio

Chase Secret Pre. Makes everything sound just a little bit better.
You don't notice its effect at all - until you turn it off.

I have an Emerald Prince pedal on the small board that does a similar thing. It's so small everybody thinks it's a footswitch at first.

Last edited:
Comp or chorus for me. Though I don't really use effects for anything other than solos for the most part. That's why my comp or chorus add just a hint of "color" to my rhythms sometimes.

Trending Topics