• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Whats the most underrated pedal you have that most people on TGP would never associat

jiml

Silver Supporting Member
Lovepedal Provalve 2. Gets slagged a lot, but I can't play with out it. Tried many higher cost fuzzes, distortions and boutique OD's, but I just sound more like "me" through that pedal!

ufo~

Best BB/JTM45 pedal I've played. Not sure why this never gets mentioned by anyone but me. I know I'm not alone. Then again this is a horrible place for talented builders to get a leg up without being crucified by nobodies. Go figure.

northstar6000

DOD Milkbox Compressor. Got for $30 10 years ago and it's been on my board for years. I use mine for light compression always on and I love it.

jiml

Silver Supporting Member

Best BB/JTM45 pedal I've played. Not sure why this never gets mentioned by anyone but me. I know I'm not alone. Then again this is a horrible place for talented builders to get a leg up without being crucified by nobodies. Go figure.
Tell me more!!!!

Lullabies

No one really talks about the malekko sloika but it is so good. Huge range of gain , no big tone colouring and very thick sounding. I leave it on all the time set to low gain boosted clean with just a bit of grit when strummed hard. Stacks good with fuzz too

Behringer VP1 Vintage Phaser. A friend and I A/B'd it against his 80's Small Stone and they are identical except the EHX speed goes faster when maxed, which is irrelevant to me. I don't like ring mods and have no use for the farting laser gun noise it makes at the max speed.

ufo~

Tell me more!!!!
BB/JTM45 in a box. Basically a Bluesbreaker on steroids. More options than you could almost want from one pedal. I hate to use the term "swiss army knife" but it applies here. My favorite feature is the Pre-Roll knob. It allows you to blend in your clean signal from just a little hair to full on drive. Three clipping options(germ, silicon, LED) really open this pedal up, imo. Can operate as a boost, overdrive or 'fat' drive that approaches 'D' territory. Stacks like a champ but sounds killer on its own. Then there's the 'lead' switch which punches your signal through anything like Thor's hammer. Hasn't left my board in 7 months except to let a couple of friends try it. Both immediately bought their own and one of them now uses it as his main drive on his gig board.

I'm in no way affiliated. Just a player that admires a well built pedal and this is one of the best.

DaveKS

My EHX 2ube, huge, AC powered. So many ways to put those tubes to use. Front/at end of board always on tube buffer, 1in 2out tube splitter/OD with sep gain/vol for each amp. As a tube buffer/boost in effects loop, has instr/line switch. Stack 2 tubes with a EQ in between them. Stacking other drives/fuzz into it is amazing.

JukeBoxRat

Silver Supporting Member
DOD Ice Box. I was thinking of getting a more expensive chorus, but I picked the Ice Box up for $30 and I like it so much I'm not going to worry about getting anything fancier.

slopeshoulder

I have a Coleman Wizard 6 position germanium treble booster made by Stan Day in MA that I couldn't give away when I was desperate. Glad I kept it because it's a spectacular treble booster that's no longer being made (no more supply of crucial NOS parts).

ChrisVereb

Behringer VP1 Vintage Phaser
I bought one of those used for $10 from a guy on CL that I planned to mod/rehouse, and I've just kept it as is. I run it before a DIY univox superfuzz and its great!

On the same CL run I bought a Danelectro D-1 FAB distortion for $10. It had a dying battery in it and I really dug the velcro-synthy sounds it started to sputter out. I hook it up to a Danelectrode with the voltage set pretty low for fuzz-factory type sounds. Doesn't sound terrible at normal voltages either....but it's too noisy. When it's sputtering and splatting at low voltage, the noise is part of the charm.

Grady

Windjammer
Gold Supporting Member
Maxon FL-9 Flanger.
It's a great flanger.
It's actually the best flanger I've ever used.
But it does get overlooked, here.

Turi

Probably my BOSS SD-1 but I've read on here that a few people do like them, so all is not lost.

jdel77

Marshall Jackhammer. I've not once seen it on a board or even being talked about.
Keep it on the OD and turn contour hard left. Kickass high gain Marshall toanz, bro, teh toanz!!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom