• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Whats the most underrated pedal you have that most people on TGP would never associat

kdc113

I have Boss DS-1, BD-2, OD-3, MT-2.
I don't know if my Crybaby GCB95, MXR Phase 90, Ibanez DE7 and TS9 enter here.

Windup 43

Silver Supporting Member
Old 80's Yamaha flanger, Rocktek Super Delay and Behringer RV600. The Behringer sounds quite a bit nicer to me than the pedal it's copying, the Verbzilla that I used to own.

ERGExplorer

The most awesome and unexpected pedal I've ever used is so versatile I'm surprised that more people don't use it. I guess the reason it's so unknown is that most people would never associat

OotMagroot

Silver Supporting Member
you never see those anywhere. how longs the delay time? what chip is inside?

any chance of a gut shot?
300ms. Not sure of what chip, but it supposedly has the good bucket brigade chip in it (I'm really not up on what chips are good or not). I won't say it's the best sounding delay, ever...but it does sit in a mix better than a lot of other delay pedals I have tried.

That pic was not mine and you can find gut shots via Google...

jazzfromhell

The Zoom MS-XX series. I know that some people here use them but I think the thought of having anything that says Zoom on it brings a lot of bad memories of cheesy 80s sounds. I know it did for me....until I heard the MS-70CDR. Hell, even a drummer I play with said 'your board looks really cool but THAT pedal has got to go!' :D

Imerkat

Silver Supporting Member
TC Nova drive, TPG'ers think it's a digital distortion but in reality it's all analog with digital control. I have a preset that has normal clean tone, overdrive, and distortion all in parallel it's something nothing else I know can do.

JPF

Op amp muffs don't seem to get much love in boutique cliques but this box takes no prisoners

MXR 78 custom badass distortion. Don't see it very much and I understand it can be a by temperamental depending on your setup but man can it ever sound great and amp like.

zosozep7

Platinum Supporting Member
MXR Badass O.D. is unbelievably under the radar. Simply at $60 used is an amazing pedal!

kwicked

Bad Monkey has some nice understated OD tones (not metal) and the level can be used as a boost. Also functions as an emergency straight to board option (mixer out with speaker emulation) eliminating the need for a backup amp in some situations.

JukeBoxRat

Silver Supporting Member
MXR 78 custom badass distortion. Don't see it very much and I understand it can be a by temperamental depending on your setup but man can it ever sound great and amp like.
I'll second this. Great little pedal. I like turning the tone knob down and getting some cool garage rock tone out of it.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom