• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What's the Peavey Classic 30 cab made from?

johnh

I have a Peavey Classic 30 that I've converted into a head and cab. Does anyone know if the cab is MDF or ply? I'm wondering whether to put the C30 back together and sell it or keep it for use as a separate 1x12 cab in future. It looks quite cool as a tweed cab, although i've heard better sounding cabs.

johnh

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately this link seems to take me nowhere, and I can't get to the forum on the Peavey website - either my connection is rubbish, or their website is down.

Does anyone know if the C30 cab is ply or MDF?

John Phillips

I'm almost certain it's MDF or high-quality small-grain particle board. I had one here a couple of weeks ago too... didn't pay much attention.

But I'm completely certain that it isn't tweed. Look closely - it's plastic.

Rosewood

I have a 10 year old classic 30 so if they haven't changed it would be MDF on four sides and plywood for the baffle.

rockon1

Platinum Supporting Member
I have the 112E 1x12 extension cabs made for it. The front and rear are plywood and the sides are MDF . I imagine the cab for the amp itself is similar. Bob

Trending Topics