What's the perfect delay for me?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by TimH, Jan 11, 2008.

1. TimH

TimH Supporting Member

Hey Gang,

Right now I've got a Nova Delay and while I love the sound of the unit I'm not really impressed with it's feature set...specifically the patch switching or global/preset tempo set up. Ideally I want a delay that will store several patches (probably no more than 6-8 at a time), recall their original tempos while still having the option to tap in a new tempo (so the tap overrides the preset but when the preset is switched away from it remembers the saved tempo, not the tapped in tempo) and one in which the presets are very easy to get to. This is what annoys me most about the Nova...having to hit two buttons on the fly in order to switch patches is just plain annoying.

I'm open to just about any option save getting a piece of rack gear. More than one delay pedal is fine. The sounds I need are a digital tone and analog with quarter note and dotted eigth note settings. Modultation is key as well. I don't need reverse or pingpong or anything crazy like that...just standard high quality sounds.

What am I looking for? Timefactor? 2 delays? Help me out!

Tim

2. zensurfer

zensurfer Member

Try a Stereo Memory Man -w- Hazarai!
    Really cool pedal that has some (surprisingly) cool sounds in there.

3. fyler

fyler Member

i own, and love the SMM/H, but if he hates the Nova preset system, the SMM/H one will only be worse. it's a great pedal, but not what he needs.

4. blood5150

blood5150 Member

agreed.

I dont know if the timefactor saves the tempos... I am getting one anyway though..

5. Maven

Maven Supporting Member

You might want to think about doing the 2 delay set up. Maybe a DD-5 with an external tap and a DD-3...What about the DD-20 with an external tap switch?

I think over the next couple of years better delays with more useable features will be hitting the market, until then we just have to use something that gets us close enough. I'm in the same boat.

6. TimH

TimH Supporting Member

what about a DL-4 and DD20? I could use the DL-4 for tapped in sounds and the DD20 for preset tempos? Or I suppose I could use two DD20's...hrmmm. I'd love to have a memory lane and dd20 but that's a stetch on the pocket book...

7. freak4liferu

freak4liferu Member

i got my timefactor in last week. first rehearsal was with it last nite, and it just performed amazing.

I like the fact that you can control both sides of the delay with different tempo variations. And when in certain situations, like i was last nite, i had it sync'd via midi so i never had to tap in a tempo, and could keep it in bank mode. Very cool... I think the possiblities are endless with this pedal, and still have a lot to figure out, but i like it so far. strong recommendations.

8. blood5150

blood5150 Member

where did you get yours?

9. TimH

TimH Supporting Member

more help sirs!

10. Jahn

Jahn Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver Gold Supporting Member

11. Guitarplayerdan

Guitarplayerdan Member

Whatever, Im almost a 100% sure the timefactor stores times.