• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

whats the smallest amp you've ever gigged with (and how)

Veritas

Gold Supporting Member
Did a show with a Fender Frontman 25 mic’d up. Gotta say, I was a bit surprised. I used it as a pedal platform, and found some great sounds. The expected backline didn’t show up, so the venue staff pieced some gear together and basically saved the show. We made the most of it and had a fun night.

Hulakatt

Gold Supporting Member
tweed Camp clone
drip edge Champ
sometimes ran the pair in stereo, split with a Fulltone ST2. Mic'd each with a e609 for FoH and no monitor mix. When running both, panned them hard right and left in the house. If only I had discovered stereo chorus then!

Stratburst70

Fender Princeton Reverb with a 12” Cannabis Rex speaker at church. If I had the volume at 4, it was a loud service. Still sounded great; I get a lot of compliments on my tone whenever I use that amp.

XtraMojo

A mic'd 5 watt Blackstar amp, with a pretty loud band. They were playing at my wedding and I was called on stage to join in for a couple of tunes. For good measure, I was well on my way to get drunk by then and I had a broken collarbone (due to a quad accident on my bachelorparty, four weeks before the wedding). Nevertheless, I had a blast...

Alchemist XP

Silver Supporting Member
I mic'd an iphone (playing through Garage Band) once, just for the hell of it. With some EQ'ing at the board, you'd be surprised what you can pull off.

Not my rig of choice, of course,

michael patrick

Silver Supporting Member
I played a gig with a Fargen Mini Plex loaded with two 6V6s, except was running it in half-power mode so it was only using one power tube. And I still got told to turn down...

C-4

Smallest in size is my current amp, the BluGuitar Amp 1 ME, set for the absolute minimum wattage on the Remote 1 I bought with it...2 watts.

I had owned and now own again, a G&K ML-250, but it is larger then the BluGuitar Amp in size by just a bit.

I had been working with Marshall Plexis, JCM 800's, Jubilee's and other large-box Marshalls, and other amps up until I got older and couldn't easily load those amps in and out of clubs.

I've told this story before on TGP.
A drums-bass-guitar trio I played in had a gig on a very small stage in a restaurant. A keyboard-female vocalist duo would have fit better.
So I brought a ZT Lunchbox and put it on top of the PA head. IMO the Lunchbox limited EQ and no reverb were negatives, so I added an EQ pedal and a reverb pedal.
And my small amp worked well on that gig.

geek-mo

Silver Supporting Member
Vox AC10 at a pool party. Never again. It's a beautiful sounding amp, but it gets very mushy at gig volumes.

majishin

Sweet Amplification tweed 5F1 - 5 watt & 8" speaker. Amazing little amp. Size doesn't matter at all when it's mic'd.

datguytim

Silver Supporting Member
Blankenship Fat Boy Jr. 9 watts, 1x10 tweed Champ/Harvard hybrid, ONE knob. Used it on a few local gigs & parties over the years & it did the job remarkably well (sublime textural cleans & screaming Marshall-esque rock n’ roll - all at a manageable volume. Now keep in mind these were smaller (for me) gigs - no more than 50 -60 ppl in the crowd.

strumminsix

Gigged with Dr Z Maz 8 plenty of times. 8 watts, single ended, and I'm a clean player. Draped a e609 over it and was great...

dancehall

1968 Princeton non-reverb, worked great! This was mostly playing clean arpeggiated stuff in an indie rock band and letting the bass player handle the lows, though. If you’re playing hard rock I cannot guarantee your satisfaction...

ToobNoob

Sweet Amplification tweed 5F1 - 5 watt & 8" speaker. Amazing little amp. Size doesn't matter at all when it's mic'd.
I was thinking that same thing. I think the question should be:

"What's the smallest amp you've ever gigged with, without being mic'd? - And How!" (like the little rascals used to say.) :rotflmao

Of course, this isn't my thread, so theres that.
:beer

T$

batsbrew

Peavey JSX mini colossal

5 watts

all tube
designed by joe satriani

has a cabinet filter XLR out,
ran that directly to FOH, guitars in monitors..
perfect.

Trending Topics