What's the verdict on a 2004 AC30 TBX made in the UK?

DiPa

Constant GAS
Platinum Supporting Member
Own 2 and never had an issue. Rugged amps and sound great.

readymade

Silver Supporting Member
Best sounding Voxes I've played. My favorite! I've had a few of these over the years, and a couple had minor issues that were usually the kind of stuff that could happen with any amp--loose preamp tube socket, etc. Only one had a factory defect, which is that the vib channel preamp tube wasn't wired correctly or something, which created an intermittent buzz. Easy fix for a tech, but it took him a while to figure it out.

bulbasaur_85

Awesome amps. Every Korg Era AC15 or AC30 I've had seems to have some failure issues - I think it has something to do with the filtering section. They do sound great though!

michael.e

Silver Supporting Member
I have had 3 of them. No issues. There was one in great shape on my local CL for $790 with Greenies. 1.4g's is higher than I typically see them. Heh, I have seen some in pipe dreamers wishes going for over 2g's. I saw somebody asking 2.6g's for a mint one with a pair of vintage Silvers in it. Nice amps. I liked it better than my JMI Amps TB.

michael.e

Silver Supporting Member
I was in contact with him. Was close to buying it, but could not pull funds together.
I really want another one.

slavenoid

Silver Supporting Member
I paid 1800 for mine with blues/ stand. If there was another listed locally for 1400 I would buy it immediately.

Primakurtz

I'm going to be the dissenting voice on this one. I've had several Korg-era AC-30s, and currently have a CC2. The Korgs are built just like a Marshall JCM900 - tolerably well, but nothing to brag about. The later runs of the Chinese Voxes are built just as well, if not better. I would not pay twice as much for the Korg.

morgan918

I have one of that era and it's been great. It's been my #1 for about 10 years or so, loads of gigging, never had any real issues although I've had it serviced once or twice over the years. Love this amp and better/different sounding than all the current production voxen. Very crunchy glass tones from it.

FWIW, I also have an AC15 of the same era and it's also been great.

MasterEvan07

Gold Supporting Member
I've had a several stock AC30TB(X) and one modified, as well as quite a few AC30CC2s. Frankly, the AC30CC2 is marvelous with a couple super simple (and cheap) mods and has a better noise floor.

michael.e

Silver Supporting Member
I'm going to be the dissenting voice on this one. I've had several Korg-era AC-30s, and currently have a CC2. The Korgs are built just like a Marshall JCM900 - tolerably well, but nothing to brag about. The later runs of the Chinese Voxes are built just as well, if not better. I would not pay twice as much for the Korg.
Oh yeah?? Well, well how much gig experience do you have??!!

Trending Topics