What's the verdict on the Persian Green Screamer?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Space Jazzer, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Space Jazzer

Space Jazzer Member

So, I'm looking for a tubescreamer type pedal to add some sparkle and drive primarily to my single coil neck sounds on the clean channel of my BE100. I've used various tubescreamers in the past with great results for this very purpose, but the size and flexibility of the Persian Green Screamer seems to fit me and my session board better than a standard variety TS. What are your experiences?

2. OotMagroot

OotMagroot Supporting Member

The sound clips I've heard for the PGS sound really good. The price is right too. BUT, if I were going mini I would probably just get the mini TS.

3. Space Jazzer

Space Jazzer Member

Yep, fair point, no doubt.

4. edgie

edgie Member

bumping this thread. any more feedback on this unit from current and ex-users? I'm thinking of buying one as blues jam pedal that can fit in the pocket of a guitar case. I'm quite torn between this and the strawberry red.

5. GuitarMD

GuitarMD Member

Keeley Red Dirt should also be in the mix for a nano-pedal sized tubescreamer type pedal.

edgie likes this.
  6. mats_epost

mats_epost Member

The made in Japan Ibanez TS mini offers great value even though it can be little bit noisy on maximum level (when being used as a boost pedal). This is probably more related to the tube screamer itself though, not the mini version.

I like the pedal very much.