What's the verdict on the PRS S2 Standard 22?

Seems like a lot of guitar for the money, and I REALLY dig the look and neck on these. Haven't had a chance to plug one in, but I'm super tempted to pull the trigger on the vintage mahogany finish. Anyone own/have extensive experience with one and can comment on their impressions?

Also how are the PRS #7 pickups for high gain metal? I like a more vintage high gain sound and not overly compressed.

Ches

I just picked one up and I like it. The neck feels great and the trem seems to be stable. I'm reserving judgement on the #7's, but I think they'll be fine for my use. Can't really comment on high gain metal, though.

Ended up gettin a 2016 Gibson Firebird T. Holy hell I love this guitar. I'm sure the PRS is killer but I have zero regrets going with the Firebird, classic style and sound

duaneallen

Silver Supporting Member
Just picked one of these up. I wanted to get a guitar that was a bit more modern than most of the more vintage inspired guitars that I have. I really dig this so far. Very resonant and comfortable to play, GREAT neck shape, and I even like the pickups. I got the white one, and once I put on the tortoise shell pick guard its gonna be the tits. Very happy with the purchase. Much better than any of the SE models that I have played.

Trending Topics