• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

What's the verdict on Valeton?

Black_Label

Small, cheap Boss clones. What's the verdict on them from the people who've owned them? How do they sound?

LordByron

The Dude abides!
Small, cheap Boss clones. What's the verdict on them from the people who've owned them? How do they sound?
They sound great and are well constructed. I have the FB-10 and SD-10, both of which are killer. (The FB-10 is particularly great. I have been looking for a good FA-1 clone and now the FB-10 has thoroughly and excellently scratched that itch.) I also have the Dapper, which is their take on the Flyrig. It also is excellent.

Black_Label

They sound great and are well constructed. I have the FB-10 and SD-10, both of which are killer. (The FB-10 is particularly great. I have been looking for a good FA-1 clone and now the FB-10 has thoroughly and excellently scratched that itch.) I also have the Dapper, which is their take on the Flyrig. It also is excellent.
Thanks! Have you been able to compare any of them to the Boss pedals?

coltonius

Señor Member
I've had several from the Coral series. The enclosures are the same size as the TC Minis and felt sturdy. I trust the mini Boss lookalikes are the same!

LordByron

The Dude abides!
Thanks! Have you been able to compare any of them to the Boss pedals?
I have compared the SD-10 to my SD-1. Very similar. Only real differences:
1) the SD-10 doesn't have a tone knob, so your at the mercy of Valeton's voicing. Not a problem for me, as I like where they voiced it.
2) It seems to have a bit less volume on tap, so if you are looking for a huge goose in volume, the SD-10 may leave you wanting.

I do have to say the SD-10 boosted by the FB-10 out front is a really great combo, though! :)

ck3

The FL-10 completely wowed me, so I recently got an FP-10, which seems to interact with other gain sources in an odd manner when the level is past 12:00 and the treble is beyond 1:30. The signal will still sound boosted into a clean channel or Big Muff- style fuzz under the aforementioned conditions, bit tends to make overdrives and dirty amp channels sound sputtery and less gainy until either the treble or level knobs are lowered beneath the aforementioned thresholds. I almost wonder if mine is defective in some manner, though it still seems to consistently interact with some gain sources like a boost regardless of its settings. Is this normal given the EQ bands being affected?

flatulentmatt

Silver Supporting Member
Managed to plug in my new Valeton FP-10 last night at practice, and the thing is legit awesome! Heaps of volume on tap, and the EQ is brilliant, there's a slight focus on the upper mids, and if you pull back the bass and treble (it's an active EQ circuit) in concert with the Lo-Cut switch, it smooths out the mid response and you can get some really spanky, sparkly tones. And when used with my drives, the sustain and presence is just the little much better and you can get some cool voicing changes when switching on the FP-10; I can make my Morning Glory sound like a TS, but with the slightly sharper attack of the BB circuit.

Love it. Completely worth the $60 or so I paid for it.

ogguitar

I tried the dapper once. Seemed pretty solid and had fairly good tones inside. It would work well for a very basic setup.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom