What’s the word on Audient products? I’m interested in this..

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by michael.e, Sep 23, 2018.

1. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

2. nmiller

nmiller Drowning in lap steels Gold Supporting Member

I posted this in another thread:
    That said, the person who started that thread had some issues that appear not to be resolved.

3. Badside

Badside Member

This is more than great with external pres because you can completely bypass the internal ones using the insert returns as a line-in!

Audiofanzine tested it recently and they measured outstanding ADC performance on par with the best prosumer stuff out there.

Crowder likes this.
  4. rickenbackerkid

rickenbackerkid Member

I have never used the iD44, but the iD22 is the centrepiece of my home studio. It sounds really, really great, the software is rocksolid and very simple to use, the ADAT functions work perfectly, and it's a beautifully designed device as a desktop unit including monitor controller.

100% fantastic, would buy Audient again.

nsureit likes this.
  5. nsureit

nsureit Old Guy...but not too old Silver Supporting Member

I route an Audient ASP880 through an iD22. Provides me with 10 pristine, high quality preamps and tons of features.

Audient equipment is excellent.

Crowder likes this.
  6. TeleTubby

TeleTubby Supporting Member

As the 2 above- I've been using the iD22 for 4.5 years now and absolutely no complaints, issues, or regrets of any kind. I can honestly say, for the money, you will not find better AD/DC conversion and, for myself, that is what's most important in an audio interface. Kinda wish it had MIDI ins/outs, but I'm not switching just to accommodate that. Without hesitation, sometime soon I'll move up to the iD44.

nsureit likes this.
  7. Crowder

Crowder Dang Twangler Silver Supporting Member

Same here. Very happy.

nsureit likes this.
  8. _____

_____ Member

Was never able to get the id44 sorted.

Went with the focusrite clarett 4pre.

It sounds much better than than my previous roland. Had absolutely zero problems with it.

Tried 2 different audients both had issues.

I much prefereed the audient computer interface to focusrite
    The clarrett master volume is kinda weird - have to crank it to get decent volume. Otherwise happy with it, takes outboard pre's great.

Maltese Fan and Crowder like this.
  9. superpotato_30

superpotato_30 Member

From what I know, Audient has a built a pretty decent reputation on having rather solid converters. There always seems to be a comparison between their products and Focusrite's. Interface wise, I personally prefer the Focusrite gear more. Just a personal thing.

That said, I do love their ASP880/800 mic pres. For the most part, their prices are quite fair. Some people I know swear by them. All in all, there's not tooooooOoOoooo much to worry about... (at least in my experience).

Crowder likes this.
  10. Judas68fr

Judas68fr Member

I have the ID14, recording an entire EP with it this winter/spring, and couldn't be happier. In that price range, it's hard to beat the Audient stuff!

11. hendrik7

hendrik7 Member

I just bought the id44 a few weeks back. Running it on 64 bit windows 8. No issues (well except for the fact I can't get the mic inputs to work with other programs than my DAW).

Can't comment on the preamps yet as I haven't had time to really test it.

12. speakerdad

speakerdad Silver Supporting Member

Bought a new iD14 a few months ago.

Sounds great (DI, line and mic) with rock solid reliability so far.

13. richpjr

richpjr Member

I had an ID22 and had some latency and occasional crackling on a high end computer. Replaced with with a Babyface Pro and have no issues at all on the same computer. That was a year or so ago so I have no idea if their drivers have improved since then.