whats this thing??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by miguel, Aug 21, 2008.

1. miguel

miguel Member

2. EricPeterson

EricPeterson Member

my guess is a passive volume and tone box.

3. miguel

miguel Member

ok um.. what would/could it do if i put it in a feedback loop? would it just control the overall volume then??

4. KBN

KBN Member

Looks like two potentiometers in a box that can be used as expression jack controllers. Doesn't make any sense to me though. Isn't the idea of having expression controllers geared towards hands free operation of certain parameters? Wouldn't this just be replacing a knob on the effects unit a knob on this little contraption? I am as confused as Miguel on this one. :confused:

5. KBN

KBN Member

Looks like it is two independent Tip Ring Sleeve jacks, not an in and an out.

6. JamonGrande

JamonGrande Supporting Member

all of their products look like they are aimed towards keyboards/electronic/dj type artists who can have one hand free. lots of effects units, keyboards, computer rigs that have cv or exp. outs.

That said, there are a lot of times where I much prefer grabbing a knob to tweak an effects or sweep something as opposed to moving a foot treadle. Plus, when you have multiple exp.'s it can be much more space efficient to have small knobs then a whole floorboard of treadles in front of you.

joe