• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What's typical rental rate for amps?

scelerat

Gold Supporting Member
I've got a handful of nice amps. I have friends who want to use them. Normally I'm cool with just letting them borrow here and there, but some would like to use them to record, and specifically, record *their* clients.

I'm happy to do this: I like sharing, and I like helping my friends, and I like the idea of other musicians having access to good equipment. I'm not looking to make a profit, but I also want to be able to cover the costs of wear and tear on equipment. Blown tubes seem like the most likely expense I'd encounter, but some more grave things come up that I'd want to insure against.

What do companies like SIR charge for amp rental on a daily or hourly basis?

What's a fair way to structure this?

voodoosound

Funk & Grooven member
Gold Supporting Member
I've got a handful of nice amps. I have friends who want to use them. Normally I'm cool with just letting them borrow here and there, but some would like to use them to record, and specifically, record *their* clients.

I'm happy to do this: I like sharing, and I like helping my friends, and I like the idea of other musicians having access to good equipment. I'm not looking to make a profit, but I also want to be able to cover the costs of wear and tear on equipment. Blown tubes seem like the most likely expense I'd encounter, but some more grave things come up that I'd want to insure against.

What do companies like SIR charge for amp rental on a daily or hourly basis?

What's a fair way to structure this?
It depends on the amp. Also, unless your considering starting a legitimate business with insurance and fee schedule and that dirty word "taxes" I wouldn't recommend it. It's not worth the time for a "few" amps. Especially, in this economy with gear being so cheap as it is.

Tone Meister

Here in NC, if someone meets the credit criteria and picks up and drops off the amp, the average is about $75 per amp per day. Larger bass amps (head and cabinet or cabinets) may get $100-$125 per day if picked up and returned. If we deliver the amp(s) a basic delivery fee applies, and there would be an additional fee for "setup."

Stipulated Loss Value is the most important line item to go on your rental contract. You will be vetting the renters' credit in advance and having them sign a legally-binding rental contract, won't you? If not, you are asking for trouble. Record serial numbers, take pictures, confirm amps are working before they leave the dock, etc.

Backline is another story altogether.

Bradleyonmic

Dang. I've got a buddy that owes me like $10,000 at those rates! J/k, I said he's a buddy and he would do the same for me, and has.

Trending Topics