What's up with the Blackheart 5 watt amp??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by IPlayHamers, Jan 5, 2008.

1. IPlayHamers

IPlayHamers Member

Looks cool and is less than alot of pedals. What gives????

2. Spudman

Spudman Member

Good amp. I love mine and play it through an Eminence 120 watt speaker. It rips!

3. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

Is it made by Crate???

4. IPlayHamers

IPlayHamers Member

So I assume they are available through GC? i have a friend that works there. I may have her order a head and cab for me. Looks like it would be a fun little amp and useful in the studio too.

5. Oldtone

Oldtone Member

I think everyone is backordered, none available anywhere. I read about them somewhere and placed an order at MF online in mid October, fully expecting to get one after the new year. Well, I got one in mid December.
    It appears well made and sounds great. It does not have the 'small' sound like other 5 watters I've tried. Tone controls and 3/5 watt switch are effective. Much better than the other options I've heard in the price range.

6. EL34

EL34 Silver Supporting Member

cool little amp. I have the head version, and I just sold the combo (only because I really didn't need the combo). It makes the Epi VJ obsolete, even after the VJ mods that everyone does. In fact, I'd go as far as say that it makes many of the low-watt boutique offerings a very very tough sell (Carr Mercury, Savage Macht, etc). You can get 95% of the performance for 1/5th of the cost with the Blackheart.

I will say that I absolutely HATE the logo - I have no idea WTF they were thinking when they decided on that logo. I took it off in about 30 seconds flat (including 15 seconds to find the screwdriver). :roll

7. IPlayHamers

IPlayHamers Member

Thats what I needed to hear. I've been looking at a few low watt amps to use when my Tone Cat is too much. (At least until I get a Leash). I'm also interesting in how well it takes pedals and what speakers some of you have tried with it. I'm thinking a single Blue would be insane.

I'm gonna place an order tomorrow.