• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

What's up with Tweedy SG asking prices all of a sudden?

eurotrashed

jdogric12

Sellers of all makes and models ask insane prices. The two completed Tweedys I see on ebay are $2200 and 2400. In the Rick world, I see asking prices of 2x-3x the market value all day long.

https://reverb.com/item/12302250-gibson-jeff-tweedy-signature-sg-2012-blue-mist

https://reverb.com/item/12450341-gibson-jeff-tweedy-signature-sg-2012-blue-mist

https://www.buya.com/Item/Details/2...MIvNzMv_2g2wIVFY7ICh1NcA_iEAQYAiABEgJutvD_BwE

I thought the first one was just because everything is expensive in Switzerland, but everyone else seems to be following? I havent seen any other Tweedy SGs currently for sale, everything is crazy prices.
Has all the appearances of the "Sure honey, I'll sell a couple of guitars to fund that unnecessary kitchen remodel you want" scenario.

I remember playing a couple of the early run Tweedy's at Guitar Center and all of them had obvious quality issues of some sort.

eurotrashed

Has all the appearances of the "Sure honey, I'll sell a couple of guitars to fund that unnecessary kitchen remodel you want" scenario.

I remember playing a couple of the early run Tweedy's at Guitar Center and all of them had obvious quality issues of some sort.
Mine has some sloppy sanding but plays great

mvsr990

Cool color, features (or "features") not available on standard SGs and it was a small run because they were poorly received and didn't produce as many as planned.

The most recent sold listings on Reverb were $2200 and $2300 - Reverb makes it hard to see if they sold for an offer or at listed price.

Bossanova

Gold Supporting Member
I had one back in the day. I paid 1,400. Sold it a year later for 1,850.

It’s really nothing special, except it looks cool as hell.

TheWayfarer84

Silver Supporting Member
$2k plus is nothing new on the Tweedy model. Small supply, uncommon SG and factory Vibrola.

Matt L

I cooled on those after finally playing one. I thought my SG Standard was a better made guitar. They sure look nice, though, and maybe it was just a dud.

eurotrashed

Cool color, features (or "features") not available on standard SGs and it was a small run because they were poorly received and didn't produce as many as planned.

The most recent sold listings on Reverb were $2200 and $2300 - Reverb makes it hard to see if they sold for an offer or at listed price.
When this guitar came out it was a hit, lots of rave reviews, lots of surprise when it was discontinued. Rumor is a disagreement between Tweedy and Gibson

Bossanova

Gold Supporting Member
O
When this guitar came out it was a hit, lots of rave reviews, lots of surprise when it was discontinued. Rumor is a disagreement between Tweedy and Gibson
yes I think they changed his spec or something... anybody know the story?

Trending Topics