• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

What's with this Suhr headstock? Why don't they use this on all their models?

Johnny21

Silver Supporting Member
Ugh this thread is garbage.

Why do people need to comment what someone's headstock should look like? Go pay Suhr to build you a custom guitar or build your own friggin guitar company and make your own headstock as you see fit.

big jilm

here is my 2016 Dual HB Tele. They painted the step-down to match the body. Took a bit to get used to, but I like it.

That guitar is AMAZING looking! I think that Suhr hybrid headstock is my favorite 6 in line. Beautiful - play it in good health.

2HBStrat

Ugh this thread is garbage.

Why do people need to comment what someone's headstock should look like? Go pay Suhr to build you a custom guitar or build your own friggin guitar company and make your own headstock as you see fit.

Ugh.....why do people have to jump into a thread that they don't like just to tell the people who are interested in the thread and posting in it that they should be doing other things?

GenoBluzGtr

Platinum Supporting Member
It's beautiful
Good Lord! :eek: :bow :drool
That guitar is AMAZING looking! I think that Suhr hybrid headstock is my favorite 6 in line. Beautiful - play it in good health.
that thing is gorgeous. that little detail makes all the difference. hell, even the logo almost looks nice on that one.
Thanks guys.... It is definitely the nicest looking guitar I've ever owned. And the bonus is that it plays as awesome as it looks. Stainless frets, SSV pickups, push/pull volume pot puts the bridge pickup in Parallel.

Yes it's a roasted Maple neck (flamed, as well!) and under that vintage white Nitro it's a Roasted alder body. I've struggled greatly with being a Tele player and when switching to my LP for heavier sounds, it just sounded kinda dull and bassy... I know that it is just the drastic contrast between a twangy alder/maple tele and a mahogany body and neck LP. But I was searching for something that would give me the girthy-gutsy part of a dual-HB guitar that retained some "snap and pop" of a Tele. This guitar does it. It's not as heavy-sounding, and fits a very nice niche between my P90 LP Special and my LP Studio with Lollars. As with all John's creations, the fit, finish, and workmanship are phenomenal!!

mvsr990

Dudes who hate on Headstocks are typically the same adults who are still yelling "play free bird" in between songs.
Nah. Relative to little ol' me, there may as well be an infinite number of guitars available in the world. For a guitar with an ugly (to me) headstock/color/etc. there is most definitely one out there that's not ugly and serves the same purpose.

Aesthetics matter, else all guitars would be the same color.

Frater B

I would prefer a headless Suhr
I had a dream last week I was at a local shop and there was a headless Suhr! Not kidding! I almost called the salesman up that day to ask if he by chance had such a thing.
It was close to a full size body in tobacco burst with what looked like the headless Floyd system on it. What do you have cooking John? lol

Last edited:

feet

Gold Supporting Member
you goofs complain for 8 pages and only one of you is smart enough to post a photo of the headstock in context? :facepalm

Trending Topics