What's wrong with the Blues Pro?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ptdesign, Jul 27, 2006.

1. ptdesign

ptdesign Handmade sonic art

Why are so many up for sale so soon? I was ready to go for one but the turnover rate seems alarming.

2. POD Buster

POD Buster Member

It's possible that some guys want to upgrade to the new version with the fuzz mode toggle switch.

3. ptdesign

Most i've seen have been the new version:eek:

4. Dana

Dana Guest

I believe this happens in waves. I remember a couple of months ago when MI Audio was out of stock, you couldn't find one anywhere, and people were snapping them up like crazy. Took me weeks to find one.

5. mezcalhead

mezcalhead Member

Apart from the fact that they were very rare earlier and now available, they are also pretty cheap. Doesn't cost much to snap one up just to see if you like it, then flip it if you don't.

6. drolling

drolling Member

Can't speak for the new *improved* version, but there's nothing wrong w/the one I picked up last winter - In fact, it's one of my favorites OD pedals, and I've got some real nice ones to choose from.

While there are some stunning sounding pedals out there, like the Lovepedal Eternity and the BJF HoneyBee that cost me almost $300 US a piece, there's also choices like the BluesPro and the Cochrane Timmy that are every bit as good sounding, and ridiculously underpriced by comparison.

Here's my two-bit theory on the glut of BPs on the used market; Michael's caused quite a stir w/a couple of pedals - the BluesBoy Deluxe & the Tube Zone. They're getting a lot of attention here and have really captured the interest of gearheads who owned the BluesPro and/or the CrunchBox, but are probably flipping them to raise funds for these new pedals, both of which have tons of extra features.

7. michael patrick

michael patrick Supporting Member

This theory gets my vote, although drolling makes a good point too...

8. Formvar

Formvar Supporting Member

There is NOTHING wrong with the Blues Pro. It is a very nice sounding pedal. Crap, This is what I did: Bought it new, tried it and liked it, but not exactly what I need at this point in time. So...i`m trying to move it on the emporium at a loss. I look at it as spending a few bucks to try a pedal.

9. POD Buster

POD Buster Member

BP is better than any mass produced TS9 clone at the same price if not cheaper. The first version had more drive range than a TS9 to begin with and with the new fuzz toggle version you can get into singing lead distortion territory.

10. michael patrick

michael patrick Supporting Member

And I should add to my previous post...

My board sports one, and it ain't for sale!

11. Powderfinger

Powderfinger Gold Supporting Member

I've tried tons of boutique and non-boutique OD's and the Blues Pro is one my faves.

12. CJReaper

CJReaper Member

I have the new version BP on my board right next to my Crunchbox, both are staying put, MI Audio makes GREAT pedals! The fuzz feature on the BP is really cool too.

Cheers,

CJ

13. ptdesign

Thanks guys, Has anyone done a side by side with the 500k OCD. that is my current choice for low and mid gain. I understand the BP is more of a TS flavor with more bass and less mid hump. I play through a Fender HRDX clean channel for reference.

14. Powderfinger

Powderfinger Gold Supporting Member

They sound nothing alike to me. BP sounds smoother, bassier, less grainy to my ears.

15. RitalinCupcake

RitalinCupcake Member

I just got a great deal on one on ebay, got it yesterday, so far I really like it. Great smooth sound, wide range from almost clean to heavier than I expected. The fuzz switch makes a very noticeable difference on mine, unlike what some others were describing in a thread last week. Get one while they're cheap.