What's your #1 modulation or "flavor pedal" for in front of an amp?

Geek USA

What's that one modulation or other flavor pedal you ALWAYS keep on hand, in even the most dry situations?

I have a minimal board that has a free spot. I'm thinking it will be either the "overdrive of the week" spot, or maybe start exploring modulating effects. I really don't use much but drives and delay, but maybe an easy to use and interesting effect would be refreshing. I'm thinking tremolo, but not sure how it would sound in front of an amp instead of in a loop. I would love to feed off you fella's ideas and staples.

david(j)

Supporting Member
visual sound liquid chorus. can be phase-y or flange-y. or chorus-y. great sounding pedal. my only modulation pedal, and i'm content that way.

schecterc1lh

i just bought a mooer eleclady, and am pretty excited to try it. I had a DEM and loved it, but it was huge and needed its own PS. It sounded great though, and didnt take over your sound, so im hoping the eleclady does the same!

scottywompas

I have all of the main swirly pedals in my bag at all times as well as a delay,boost, and distortion. I find myself using a vibe most of the time in front of the amp. Phaser would be second for me.

I usually like chorus and delay in the loop though.

Scott

JesterR

Phase 90. Can do pseudo univibe, vibrato and just swoosh sound. So, it suits for everything from pop to rock, and from vintage sound to modern.

My Micro-Vibe can go chorusey, phasey and leslie-like. No need for more. I usually use just one modulation effect. I switch between JAM Waterfall chorus, Voodoo Lab MicroVibe, CB Pareidolia and Maxon PT-999. All of them before dirt. Except the chorus, obviously.

Echoes22

Keeley TR-2 for me... though I have been thinking about getting something swirly on my board maybe a phase 90.