What's your current Favorite Fuzz pedal?

markjsmith

Gold Supporting Member
Fuzz can be a fickle thing! I currently have 6 fuzzes! What's your current fave fuzz and why?

Currently I'm swapping between an old big box Fulltone 69, a Prescription Electronics Experience and a Z Vex Wooly Mammoth!

The 69 is a great fuzz on the cleaner end of the spectrum (vol. rolled back a bit)
The Experience is a great octave fuzz, but I generally use it set nasty and mean w/out the octave engaged.
The Wooly Mammoth does a big fat low endy (not a word-I know) thing, and is generally awesome and fat sounding.

I also have a big box Fulltone 70 (great silicon fuzz face tones), a fuzz factory (super versatile and great, but a little hard to tweak at times), and the Z Vex Machine which sounds really great and unpredictable when stacked with other fuzz, but kinda lame by itself IMO.

I know this has probably been done before, but let us all know what you use and why!

crxshdxmmy

I've had a Trombetta Mini Bone on my board since February 2013. I have had a couple different mods and did try a Bone Machine GTx briefly, but the Bone is just great. Lots of tasty high and low gain textures, stacks great and cleans up nicely, too. Killer fuzz. It replaced a Skreddy Lunar Module Mini Deluxe, which had been on my board for 3+ years. That's sayin' something.

jiml

Gold Supporting Member
Just picked up a Lovepedal Gold Dragon. Not your typical fuzz, digging it so far though.

TubeStack

Silver Supporting Member
Bonamassa Fuzz Face Mini!

Just kills with humbuckers and has a huge range of tones with the guitar's volume knob.

Also looks awesome :).

Crosstown fuzz by Mojo Hand. So versatile I can get overdriven tones to wooly tones. Got lots of gain and the tone knob is so useful.

Stratobuc

I love my Death By Audio Apocalypse, but keep coming back to my Skinpimp MKIII handwired by Ryan Kirkland. I also have a soft spot for my Catalinbread Karma Suture.

swampstomper

Silver Supporting Member
I've had a Trombetta Mini Bone on my board since February 2013. I have had a couple different mods and did try a Bone Machine GTx briefly, but the Bone is just great.

Isn't the GTx capable of all the same sounds as the Mini Bone?

crxshdxmmy

Yeah, it's a Mini Bone with the T and Ge/Si options, but the bigger box didn't jive with my board and I really only needed the Ge/Si switch.

your name here

Gold Supporting Member
These. They all do different things, which is why I have all three on my board. If I really HAD to choose just one though, it'd be my custom germanium 4-knob Candy Apple Fuzz. It's voiced unlike others, and has a gate trimmer inside. So nasty and snarly, yet can be warm and syrupy when you dial it in to be. Plus it's Hallloween orange with a special painting inside. :D

It blows me away every time I step on it. :love:

la noise

That Sputnik/dual BJFE Fuzz trio is giving me penis envy.

My current fave today was this. Took it to a gig this weekend and
used it as on Overdrive in low to medium gain/fuzz applications. Tone!

Other days I am here because of the amazing versatility via the
Rotary knobs that allow you to change input cap values. Fat and gooey
to bright and spanky. Can do it all. Literally!

shane159

Black Arts Coven and Black Sheep. Those two have kicked pretty much every other fuzz off of my board. I really like the EQD Monarch as well, but it is more of a fuzzy distortion.

Trending Topics