• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

What's your current favorite Tube Screamer/TS style?

caspa

I know - there are many threads on this from the past, but many things have changed in the pedal world these past few years.

Tried all my drives though a new FSR 12' Princeton I traded my very bad supro for, and it only seems to like TS-ish pedals. (I only have a Boss SD-1 remaining in my collection in this class). The amazing clean tone totally makes up for this though, so I'm just going to go down the bass scooped, mid pushed road for my drive needs.

So what's your current favorite tubescreamer? (Especially with a Princeton/bright Jensen amp!)

Memphistokid

Keeley Red Dirt Germanium. I haven't tried it with a Princeton unfortunately. Its being used with hb's into a marshall replica but it also sounds good with my strat w/fralin blues into my Super Reverb.

PudWud

Love my Mad Professor Little Green Wonder, because I can back off the compression if I want to.

MikeFM

I've been using an EHX East River Drive. i went in to spend more than double on the "real thing". Glad I found this instead. Sold my TS mini instantly.

Also recently tried out a Chicago Stompworks Green Thing. More or less the same thing. Also, worth considering.

sanfi4u

Gold Supporting Member
Here we go again. My favorite TS style overdrives are Chellee Odie, VFE Pale Horse, Menatone Red Snapper.

MattLeFevers

I recently sold my deluxe Tube Screamer after it lost an A/B shootout with a Boss SD-1 that I got for free. It was not the result I expected and my inner snob was kind of embarrassed but I couldn't deny that the SD-1 sounded better.

(I play a Les Paul and from what I've read, that may be a factor - humbuckers seem to like the Boss.)

mertay

I kept the standard ts9 cause when its on and adjusting anything to make it sound good (amp, pedals before or after it etc.), when turned off end sound is always pleasing to me. So it sort of became a calibration tool+a still a cool solution for low drive stuff.

Bentayuk

Over the last year I've tried so many :

Ibanez TS9, Maxon OD9, Maxon OD808, Maxon OD808X, Fulltone OCD, MXR ZW-44, MXR Custom Badass OD, Digitech Bad Monkey, and BBE Green Screamer.

Hands down, out of all of them. The latter two (Digitech and BBE) have held their ground against all of them. They are the two that stay in my rig, one is slightly darker / tighter (Digitech), and the other is fatter / more midrange (BBE). Between the two of them, I couldn't be happier.

jlinde

Mxr custom modified badass od is still my favorite...but I'm always looking for a better TS pedal. Just bought a paisley drive and like the mxr much better. Sorry Paisley, but you'll be hitting the road. I'm probably the last person alive that hasn't tried the zendrive. Hear nothing but good things with that pedal.

sleewell

keeley ts9dx has been my #1 for a long time. others have come and gone after not sounding as good.

DeVilleDude

Paisley, with its 3 position mid boost/cut. Pairs perfectly w my Euphoria, and stacked, gives me a Dual Fusion, while retaining all the parameter adjustments of each individual pedal.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom