• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

What's your dream guitar?

Presc

I don’t have a single dream guitar - but I do have a few very specific guitar “types” I’m looking to tick off in my collection. To me, these are iconic guitars that cover a wide range of creative ground. I’m trying to pick up a top-quality example of each...basically planning to add one per year until I’m there!

-50s 2-tone strat: done, Danocaster
-60s white tele: done, K-Line
-335: done, Heritage with OX4s
-60s strat, color TBD: open
-Nocaster: open
-R4 P90 Goldtop: open
-R9 Burst: open
-Shredder: open

singlecutarmy

If they made a Gibson SG with 24 frets, noiseless single coil in the neck position, wrap tail w/ adjustable intonation, I'd be good with that.

the_Chris

It's All Been Done Before
Silver Supporting Member
I want to design the ugliest guitar ever created. Just something so offensive it steals a piece of everyone’s soul. Bwahahaha
It’s already been designed and it’s called the Wangcaster.

I’m not sure I’ve ever been the same since, there’s an emptiness I can’t describe.....

makeitstop

Old dude with guitars
Platinum Supporting Member
Two for me - a Gibson CF-100E:

And a Kay Red Devil.

I do own a lot of guitars that would be considered 'better' than these, but for some reason the design of each one speaks to me.

Rotten

Gold Supporting Member
An ES-175 with P-90s, but with a 25.5" scale and a neck like an R8.

Well if your going to dream,DREAM BIG! and this one IS! One of a kind and made for one of my favorite players. And by the way it was NOT destroyed like so many have thought. It WAS repaired and lives on in a private collection I have proof!..............if I could buy it,if money was no object I definitely would! Rex Bogue 'DOUBLE RAINBOW" played by "MAHAVISHNU" John Mclaughlin.
Proof! I knew about the private collector and I knew that Christies auctioned it off in the 90s after Doug Doppeler saw it at a guitar show in Texas. That would be my dream guitar too.
Either that or pay Robert Dullam to build another replica of the Bogue double rainbow:

Or maybe hire the Japanese luthier who did these:

MrTAteMyBalls

Right now I really want a Framus Panthera 2. Teambuild or masterbuilt is fine so long as it's a German made one.

I am gonna tour the factory in Febuary and hopefully play a bunch of guitars haha.

Trending Topics