• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

What's your dream guitar?

Yamaha 1421

HI,ASB I was a member................well I guess I'm STILL a member of the Ibanez Collectors World back years ago and I researched this guitar and knew the story regarding Doug playing the guitar [I understood it was in LA, but no matter he played it AFTER it was supposed to have been given to the insurance company that covered the bands equipment and destroyed.] As I recall the conversation Doug said you could see some signs of damage but it was certainly repaired well and playable. Doug said he would have bought it had he the $$$$, the price as he said was pretty reasonable considering what it was and that it was John's. I knew about the Dullam copy which was pretty well done.................I talked to Bob about his copy and even thought about asking him to build me one, but he was busy pursuing other things at that point. I actually bought the Christie's book from that auction in Kensington and its shown in there along with other items for auction from the Rolling Stones,Hendrix etc. etc. I think it would be cool if Vintage Guitar or another publication would do a article on the guitar with a nice photo layout. After the Christie's sale it disappeared off the map and into the mists of time. And those other Japanese copies.................they ARE cool!

Last edited:

Yamaha 1421

There was also this one for Miroslav..................wonder where that one is now or perhaps he still owns it??????

MBreinin

Silver Supporting Member
Well, if you said to me that I could have any guitar in existence it would have to be a real deal Sunburst Les Paul with a great top. Runner up would be an early slab board Strat in Fiesta Red.

bdm

Silver Supporting Member
A good players grade early 60s cherry red ‘block-neck’ es-335.

Pretty much the only guitar left on my “wishlist” at this point. I’ve been fortunate enough to either own or try every other guitar I’ve ever really wanted. My personal preferences may not be as extravagant as some but the early 60s 335 has still managed to evade me thus far.

mattjayworker

As someone who is primarily a rhythm player/vocalist, I'd love to find a solid bodied electric guitar that feels as if I'm playing one of my acoustics.

I've had some luck in this regard by using full or semi hallow guitars strung with 13s.....but even then it's still just not the same as a nice acoustic.

The actual having it wouldn't likely be all that fun (already have black KH-2), but if we're dreaming of something completely frivolous and over the top then:

estrago1

The EBMM JP guitars were always a dream of mine. I was immediately interested because of the piezo bridge pickup, and when I finally played one, felt how comfortable it was and how beautiful it sounded, I was instantly hooked.

My dream came true back in October, but at a pretty massive cost. Back in May, my father passed away, and as a result, I inherited a more-than-decent chunk of money. After putting most of it away in savings and long-term investments, my wife suggested that I use some of it to finally buy my dream guitar.

So I did! And I haven't been able to put it down since. Best neck I've ever played, and it looks absolutely stunning in person.

alex mansman

A Gibson gold top LP with a shredder neck and either a JB or active pickups. Evertune bridge. Coil tap/split. Perfectly setup and fine tuned for 9s.

On second thought I might be describing an EC-1000. Dont think I can get one of those in gold top though

Coopster

My dream guitar has been for many years a Rick Turner Model 1. I will never ever ever under any circumstances own one and I'm fine with that as it doesn't really fit me overall, I just really love it aesthetically and from hearing what Mr. Buckingham does with it. SO... realistically... I don't know. I'm incredibly multiple personality in music and one day I want this, a week later I want that because my tastes just run a wide, wide river. These days I'm fairly immersed in the late 60's/early 70's British blues explosion and reading up and studying those players so my LP Classic is my favorite thing right now, it just nails so many of those tones, and my 339 is always close by. But I'm such a huge Satriani weirdo and love instrumental/shred/metal deep down in my core. I can't play it but I want to! So I'll probably always have an Ibanez of some sort lingering around. I would like to nab a Les Paul Special with p-90's one of these days. My very first guitar was one of those and I didn't appreciate it at the time. Wish I had it now.

VaughnC

Silver Supporting Member
I think a Rickenbacker 381 in blueburst might raise my pulse rate a bit;)!

MrDoty

i own it, a KILLER suhr strat..the only guitar I own that totally dissappears in my hands

Valtyr

Charvel Guthrie Govan sig.

I got one last year, haven't seriously considered another guitar purchase since.

om42

Wild Rose Country
Platinum Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
I would like 3 please, a Mid 30’s Martin om42 (only 3 are known to exist), a Monteleone arch top, and a clean 1960 ES335 with PAFs. That should cover any genre I am currently interested in playing.

Trending Topics