• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

What's your dream guitar?

My dream electric guitar is honestly and truly the one that I own. A old, broken in Rickenbacker 360. Mine is from the early 90's so 25ish years old, plays like dream, sounds fantastic.

I'd like to add a couple more dream guitars at some point, and they would be a vintage Ric 360/12, a vintage 335 with Trapeze and a really good Strat. So achievable goals, long term.

Aslan

Gold Supporting Member
My dream guitar:

Fender Custom shop Eric Clapton Strat in Metallic Aztec Gold with gold hardware & curly maple neck.

Celticdave

Seeker
Platinum Supporting Member
I didn't check on this until now and didn't realize there were so many responses! I'll go through more of them tonight. Keep 'em coming!

hookakat1

I'm not sure mine exists without me custom ordering it:

Either Tele or LP body shape, depending on the day you ask me
mahogany neck-thru, mahogany wings
rosewood fretboard
tune-o-matic bridge
two HBs
2 volume, 1 tone control
pickup selector placed near vol/tone controls

Oinkus

Had it for 38 years bought it used in 81 Gibson LPC for $400 been through hell and back. Now it has SS frets , PW tuning machines , Babicz bridge and a Tusq XL nut. One of the Shaw Pickups died and it was replaced with an A2 custom wound humbucker.

Brad2

Any short scale guitar with a humbucker at the bridge and a clear sound. And most important of all, it has to stay in tune very well.

Pongo

My Reverend Sensei Jr. If I could get it without the forearm contour and without binding that would be even better, but as-is it's as close as I can get to my idea of a "perfect" guitar without building it myself.
Senseis are great! Reverend in general makes fantastic guitars (especially considering the price), but the Senseis look/feel wise are on another level for me.

Honestly, I already have my "dream" guitars: three Suhrs (Classic T, Classic S-SSS Classic S-HSS), each of which, with their build quality and SS frets should outlive me. They sound brilliant, and are absolute joys to play. I also own two Senseis (one with Railhammer humbuckers, the other with P90s). Keep expecting I'll get the itch for some new gear any day now, but playing those guitars, it feels almost like someone designed them specifically for me... so unless I get a high paying gig that is hollow body only, all bases are covered, so why bother?

mrz80

That's been a moving target for a while. Early on my dream guitar was a black Tele like the Schecter partscasters Pete Townshend played. More recently I really itched to own a spalted maple FMT Tele - carved top, set neck, 2 Duncan HBs - but now I'm more in love with the black cherry edition. The dream that turned into reality was my main ride - an Ibby ART-420 with a stunning spalted flame maple top. I saw it, I had to have it, I bought it, I rewired the living snot out of it. :D So my dream guitar at least at the moment is constantly keeping up with my dreams.

Trending Topics