• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

What's your dream guitar?

Foster Zygote

Member
Messages
24
The GL2 with baby blue finish is one of my "if I win the lottery" guitars.

I still regret not buying it the day I saw it hanging on the wall at Manny's all those years ago...
I've seen pics of that color.

I've read that about 95% of all L Series production was black. Of the remaining 5%, almost all were white. There were only a handful of them made with actual colored gel coats, mostly one-offs, and a few that were painted. Then there's the Reeves Gabrels chrome GL, and the much more playable one David Bowie ordered after seeing Reeves' guitar. If you had that light blue L it would be like having a Model T with factory shell pink paint.
 

Defendant

Member
Messages
6,294
I have a strat that's about as good as it gets, and I can get what I want in a Tele without difficulty.

So I'll go for:

A tele-shaped Les Paul with a carved neck heel and wraparound bridge. Fat neck and 8lb flat with no chambering.
 

Mincer

Member
Messages
4,539
I'll go for something completely off the wall and unobtainable by normal means: The Teuffel Tesla.

 

Ps28

Member
Messages
2,380
I played a 1960 Les Paul in Germany that I would have liked to have bought but the guy wouldn't sell it.

Still day dream about it.
 

Gizmot

Silver Supporting Member
Messages
182
I’ve been fortunate enough to have owned a lot of nice guitars in my life. So fa, the nicest one I’ve owned was an early 70s Gibson SG Custom (white with gold hardware). It sounded, looked and played like a million bucks. I bought it brand new for $300.00 with hard shell case (about $6K now). For years I’ve been lusting for a PRS Hollowbody - and I may get one if I can sell some of the instruments I no longer play.
 

phoghat

Member
Messages
1,128
Mine is somewhat unusual. I'd love to have a Stern Masterbuilt version of a Gretsch 3156.

The 3156 is an oddball model from the late '90s with cateye soundholes and Dearmond Dyna 2000s. The geometry is shifted a bit on it, so upper-fret access is way better than most big body Gretsches. Wonderful hollowbody instrument.

The one I've got is great, but a masterbuilt version would be damn close to perfect. Hell, even a Terada production model would be fantastic. It's not a vintage piece so they'll never do it, but I'd snap one up in a second.
 
Messages
11,790
I've seen pics of that color.

I've read that about 95% of all L Series production was black. Of the remaining 5%, almost all were white. There were only a handful of them made with actual colored gel coats, mostly one-offs, and a few that were painted. Then there's the Reeves Gabrels chrome GL, and the much more playable one David Bowie ordered after seeing Reeves' guitar. If you had that light blue L it would be like having a Model T with factory shell pink paint.
Manny's had the blue one and a yellow one the day I saw them in there.
Not grabbing the blue one was definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity that I let slip by.
 

jbat

Member
Messages
114
Gibson Les Paul Custom in the Silverburst finish. Can’t help it, I’m smitten.

:dude:dude:dude
 

jimtalkbox

Member
Messages
98
Dream guitar is tough, as my newest reason for G.A.S. changes on a weekly basis. I could probably list a few:

Pete Townshend Sig SG Special (Cherry with large pickguard)
Les Paul DC Junior with a dog ear P90
Martin D-18
 

rickt

Platinum Supporting Member
Messages
2,057
My mid-90s Grosh Retro Classic. Fralin vintage hots, tung oil finish on the neck and fingerboard, nitro lake placid blue for the body, and lovingly relic'd by yours truly.

 
Messages
607
Just one? c'mon . . . Okay. lately I've been wanting a Sadowsky archtop - maybe the Jim Hall model. But also a Collings I-35LC. Also a vintage 50's era Gibson J-45. I'm up to about $15K already, I better stop now . . .
 

rawkguitarist

Member
Messages
10,924
Like other's have said. I don't have a single dream guitar. I'm so blessed to have 7 electrics and they truly are dream guitars. I wouldn't trade a single one of them for anything else. There are just too many styles of guitars and specific sounds to get that a single guitar couldn't cover. Gotta have a Tele. Gotta have a semi-hollow. Gotta have a full hollow. Gotta have a versatile gig guitar - like my Koll Tornado that has Les Paul Jr. and Straty tones with the flick of the 5 way. BUT...

If I had a windfall of cash... the first thing I'd do after ordering a customized Ferrari 488 would be to contact Ken Parker and get in line for one of his amazing archtops.
 

Hulakatt

Gold Supporting Member
Messages
13,305
I'll take a cream Gibson es335 with pink abalone inlay work and gold hardware. Never seen one like it so it'd have to be a custom order.
 




Trending Topics

Top