What's your fave DELAY // LOOPER ?

slave

Hi,

DL4, Timeline, SMM with Hazarai, El Cap., Boss dd7, etc. etc. and many more....

What is your favourite delay / looper combination?

Why do you like it so much?

JVIOLIN

Silver Supporting Member
Moog M-104 SD, Memory Lane jr... (still trying to find the looper I like)

Turi

I'm yet to find one that's actually intuitive (for me).
The closest was probably the Line 6 M13.

The DL-8 looper doesn't let you use the delays while you loop, same deal with my mates DD-7.
The EHX SMMH looper is incredibly powerful, lets you do a lot with your loop, and you can also use the delays while you loop, but turning the loop off is a royal pain in the arse.

I honestly think that all of these companies need to stop cramming a looper into their delay pedals - dedicated loopers are always a million times better and easier to use.

I understand they have the looper in as a practice tool, really, but eh.. I for one would prefer an extra delay mode, rather than a looper.

slave

The DL4, Flashback 4x4 etc. are the ones that I'm really getting at > the ones that not only use lots of footswitches for presets but also for looper functionality.

I currently own a Hazarai > great pedal which I'll probably keep forever cos it's just such a flexible beast given it can cover reverb & flanger aswell, but the looper isn't something I would use in a live context.

van_delay

I like my Timeline for looping, although the Disaster Area DMC midi controller is really what allows it to be a very useable, functional looper.

splatt

david torn / splattercell
Platinum Supporting Member
easy question!
my modified lexicon pcm42's.

each w/20 seconds of delay.

they sound incredibly fat, warm & great.
remote (foot) voltage controls of mix, feedback & delay-time.
phase-reversal of delay and/or feedback.
modulation w/continuous mix between: input level (affecting depth) + either LFO sine-wave or square wave w/depth & speed.
reverse switch.

Phats

Moog M-104 SD, Memory Lane jr... (still trying to find the looper I like)
Pretty sure he means a pedal that does both already.

DL-4 and Headrush are awesome pedals.

The DL-4 does so much in terms of looping options.

The Headrush's coolest feature is the ability to constantly restart the recording of a loop while in recording mode.

SMMH is awesome cause you can use different delays with the Looper. And the looper has loop manipulation features.

I think the Eventide Timefactor has a great looper. The time slice thing is really awesome, and I like that you can record a loop and then Stop it without playing it back right away.

ufo~

Eventide Eclipse. More looping and delay possibilities than I ever dreamed. Add in a Space, AD202, Echorec and DE7 and my echo needs are covered. Sky's the limit.

Stratburst70

Right now, it's a toss-up between my Boss DD20 (the Line 6 DLR killer, IMO) and the Line 6 M13. I really should work on looping a lot more.

kidvox

Vox DelayLab. Delay tones were great and the looping had a good interface with cool features. Very big size though and lack of universal tap tempo killed it for me though.