Whats your favorite 410 cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by mcormier, Feb 19, 2006.

1. mcormier

mcormier Guest

just wondering whats everyone's favorite 410 cabs... im soon going to get one..

Also... did orange ever make 410s? im using an orange amp... it would match wikkid and orange cabs are awsome to begin with.

2. Chiba

Chiba Gold Supporting Member

Marshall 1965A. Closed-back, slant-front 8-ohm cab that can handle about 120-140W. Cool look (looks like a scaled-down 4x12), very portable, and sounds great even with the stock speakers. Downside is, of course, they haven't made them since 1991 so you can only get them used :(

--chiba

3. m1911

m1911 Member

4. ol' bugeyes

ol' bugeyes Member

also a proud 1965 a cab owner. i've loved this thing since i bought it (used) about 5 years ago. combine it with a nice old piggy back blackface head and i'm in heaven.

5. Kiwi

Kiwi Silver Supporting Member

Tuning notes:

The Marshall 1965 closed-back cab has a tight low-end, a crunchy/crispy top end, and a bit of a scoop in the mids. Surprising punch and attack. Great for Marshall crunch rock, a secret weapon for you rockers.

The Mesa 4x10 (in their Rectifier series - go figure) is open-back, less punch, but also way more detail and air in the mids thanks to the Jensen alnico RI speakers. Sounds ungodly great, and old-school, with cranked Fenders. Also great, believe it or not, with ... you guessed it ... Mesas!

Just depends on what tools you need for your sound. 4x10s are a terrific option for getting heard in a band sitch without the weight and bulk of 4x12s.

Kiwi

6. eric102673

eric102673 Member

What Wes said. VERY cool little cabs actually. If I had room for one, I'd get it in a heartbeat.
    I also really liked my old Matchless 410 semi-open back cab from the mid 90s. Can't remember what speakers were in those but it was a rippin tone too.

-e.

7. John Hurtt

John Hurtt Supporting Member

Custom Audio Amplifiers makes a kickin' 4 x 10....I have two...:D

8. Mike

Mike Member

BINGO. Matchless speakers. Awesome cab.

Mike

9. Roe

Roe Member

does anyone make a marshall 4x10 or 8x10 clone?
    how does the bogner 4x10 sound?

10. Dr Rico

Dr Rico Member

I own and LOVE an Adam Stark 4X10 Sex Cab with those speakers. Best of breed for my needs/desires. Lively but not fatiguing. Just great. Mine is white with gold piping. Stunning. Mates well with my Sex Amp, natch, and with my Komet and PB45.

11. alberob

alberob Member

Ditto on the Stark 4x10 cabinet.When I need more bottom I use a Harry Kolbe 1x12 with the 4x10.With my Fire amp driving it ,it,s like sex only different!

12. Mullet Kingdom

Mullet Kingdom Senior Member

I tried a Groove Tubes 4X10 loaded with Kendrick frames with a Fender Pro Junior -- and it was killer. :dude It was on consignment for $200 but at the time I didn't have the money. :jo