• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

What's your favorite Analog Delay with Tap Tempo?

mikeyfam

What's your favorite Analog Delay with Tap Tempo? My MLJr. And SupaPuss are both not working correctly so I'm looking at my options. Thanks!

Billy Moss

Easy to use with tap tempo, presets and most bang for the buck is the Boss DD-500. IMO

BOSS_DD_500.jpg

Bshecko

There is a reason the Moog 104m and EHX Deluxe Memory Man 1100 are always recommended. Completely different delays though.

The delays of the Moog 104m remind me of a blanket over the delays in a good way. It's dark. The LFO is what sets it apart from other delays. It basically allows you to shape the delays with any sort of modulation you could want.

The EHX Deluxe Memory Man 1100 has very bright repeats as if a digital delay had more decay noise around the repeats. Also has modulation but nothing like the Moog 104m.

For an analog delay with tap tempo, I use the DMM1100 for most straightforward guitar delay with slight modulation only because it's more simple and compact. However, if you just want tap tempo with an analog voiced delay, I would look into a digital emulation like the new Boss DD-500. Much more control over every aspect of the effect.

Leonc

Wild Gear Herder
Platinum Supporting Member
Love my Deluxe Memory Man with Tap Tempo. Love the way it warms up the sound.

71strat

Moog MF104M.

They have the last batch for sale at Sweetwater. Then theyre gone. Again.

Also, you can easily get your money+ out of it, if you don't like it. So its a good investment. Its rare that you can buy a pedal, or anything electronic, and get back what you have in it at the least.

I ordered 2 more of them, just to keep around.

Billy Moss

Not Analogue though.

I believe the DD-500 is a great live delay and I don't think rolled off highs delays work all that great live.

What I mean is the analog delays to me sound better in a studio recording where everything is isolated and they can be heard, but live the sound is a cluster and I think the clear sounding delay can be heard by your audience better than the analog or lo fi delays.

Last edited:

Gibs210

I'll be the wierd one here that will probably get crap for it, and say deluxe memory boy. Love the dark repeats and the way it adds to the sound without taking over. Never experienced the preamp issue others complain about.
I believe the DD-500 is a great live delay and I don't think rolled off highs delays work all that great live.

What I mean is the analog delays to me sound better in a studio recording where everything is isolated and they can be heard, but live the sound is a cluster and I think the clear sounding delay can be heard by your audience better than the analog or lo fi delays.

The thread says "your favorite analog delays with tap tempo" not digital delays with tap tempo

Memory Lane 2. Sounds amazing, gives you two footswitchable delay times and is available for a lot less than a DMMTT1100 or 104m.

I thought the ml2 went for as much as both these delays. And now the 1100 has dropped significantly in price with the new chipset.

Last edited:

Gibs210

What's your favorite Analog Delay with Tap Tempo? My MLJr. And SupaPuss are both not working correctly so I'm looking at my options. Thanks!
What's not workin right with them? Also, not sure if you just want an analog delay with tap tempo, or think that your current delays are both analog, but only the supa puss is analog, the memory lane jr is actually digital, While it's big brother is analog.

willem

I bought a Moby Dick which is digital but if I could buy an another one I'll go for the 80tape.

Ugly Bunny

+1 on the Moog and DMM.

I think where the DMM wins is the tap subdivisions feature. While the Moog is TT, it's still basically quarter notes unless you're skilled enough to tap in dotted eigths, etc.

The DMMTT550 can be had relatively cheaply right now, too. Scored mine for $250 on Amazon. I guess that makes up for the nearly $700 I paid for the Moog, right? ;)

dhdfoster

Gold Supporting Member
I believe the Ibanez Shape Shifter is a true analog delay with tap. Affordable, too.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom