What’s your favorite auto wah / envelope filter pedal?

Zounds Perspex

Gold Supporting Member
Yea man that’s it. Constant level to the device while maintaining the out put volume. That’s where I’m having the issue. I didn’t put it in the effects loop yet.
Will try that later!

Thanks

The easy answer to this, if not as flawless as a guitar with an fx loop, is a compressor in front of the filter. If you search filter threads, it has been noted many times.

aphantomvaper

BYOC Envelope Filter for about 10 years, and Q Tron+ before that.

The BYOC also has a manual filter knob for a specific freq emphasis. Cool and built about 5 of them.

BrokenGstring

Can you elaborate about the specific problem you’re having, and tell which pedal you’re using ?
I wouldn’t call it a problem with the pedal. it’s more of a learning curve of getting used to this type of effect. Very very dynamic. IMHO it’s a mature players type of effect. In that you have to have a good working knowledge of your board and pick attack.
It’s a learning curve but I’m getting it and when I get it right….. it sounds so good.

8bitlooper

Platinum Supporting Member
I’ve been happy with my Mad Professor Snow White. I’ve had a bunch of others (q tron, Neutrino, Resotron), and this one has stuck around. I only really use it *maybe* once a set though, depending. Small footprint, doesn’t need a boost in front to kick it. Sounds good to me.

Windup 43

Silver Supporting Member
My all time favorite is the original 1970’s MXR Envelope Filter, so vocal and fat sounding. Also use a Mini Qtron and Boss FT-2. On the cheap, the DOD 440 is tough to beat.

Blooby

I have a bunch, including the TruTron III, but I prefer the Proton for Jerry stuff. For funk stuff, I prefer the modest Boss AW-3.

Good luck in the search.

kingsleyd

Frikkin genyus
The easy answer to this, if not as flawless as a guitar with an fx loop, is a compressor in front of the filter. If you search filter threads, it has been noted many times.

The BoosTron III I use as described above has a compressor aboard (it's the Orange Squeezer circuit) and, yeah.

3waytie4last

Mumbler
The OG can't be beat.

qf1AmHP.jpg

ross1shark

Silver Supporting Member
DOD 440 for guitar (it's so basic but that's part of the charm), MXR M82 Bass Envelope Filter for bass. I like the added control set for bass, so I can dial in the fundamental low end and have the effect without losing all the bottom.

EmandoDave

NoiseKickFX Almond Blossom is inspired by the Mu, complete with an 18v internal pump. Awesome with different pickups. Great sounds, three switches and two knobs for controls, and built super well.

For ease of use and great sounds the DOD 440 can't be beat.

Last edited:

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
Another Rubber Chicken user here. I owned/used about 6 or so EF pedals and for me the RC was the easiest to dial in and triggered easy with single coils.

olejason

Anyone using something other than the MXR M82 for bass? I like it most of the time but there are some well documented weird quirks with it. Nonetheless I haven't really found anything better, most of the others I've tried cut so much bass they're practically unusable.

Top Bottom