What's your favorite bridge humbucker for Strats?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by popsongsmith, Jan 26, 2008.

1. popsongsmith

popsongsmith Senior Member

I'm about to replace the bridge humbucker in my hardtail, HSS alder body maple neck strat, and I was wondering if anyone has an opinion on a medium output, smooth-sounding PuP.

I'm leaning toward Lollar, since that's what the single coils are, but I'm open to suggestions.

Cheers.

2. woude

woude Member

I'm very happy with my Seymour Duncan Alnico 2 pro in my strat. Very smooth & sweet sound overall, but low output. I find that it has just the right ammount of output compared to the kinmans in my middle & neck position... just a tiny tiny bit more output.

3. 3 Mile Stone

3 Mile Stone Silver Supporting Member

4. michael dukes

michael dukes Member

TV Jones makes a FilterTron that fits in a standard humbucker-sized hole. It sounds marvelous in a strat bridge IMHO. Way versatile and very responsive to technique. Nice clean, dirty, or fuzzed.

5. 89strat

89strat Member

I use a dimarzio PAF Pro.

I've tried the duncan 59, duncan custom, dimarzio super distortion, and JB and Hot rails. My other pickups are dimarzio virtual blues in the neck and virtual vintage 2.1 in the middle. Fairly bright sounding maple neck USA strat.

The paf pro just balances out with the other pickups very nicely and sounds great clean and/or split and doesn't overpower overdriven or distorted tones with extra mids, treble, bass, etc... it's really a great sounding pickup.

6. Ed Reed

Ed Reed Senior Member

7. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

I have two friends,who play a lot,who both have a WCR Darkburst in their respective Strats,in the bridge position.They both(unbeknownst to each other,)like it.