• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

What’s your favorite “character” pedal?

Adam1578

I’m defining “character” as an effect that doesn’t totally change your sound, but subtly flavors your tone.

I’d say my favorite pedal that gives my guitar some character is the Keeley Katana Mini. 55A20267-991E-4337-B8F0-0E9BB57FD74F.jpeg

Hulakatt

Gold Supporting Member
A (possibly dying?) Fulltone Deja Vibe. Even full on intensity, it puts out a very weak sound, just enough to add a lovely, watery ambience. I suspect either a previous owner may have messed with trim pots or the lamp is dying from age and use. I worry about getting it fixed though because it is so subtle and lovely.

tonedover

Platinum Supporting Member
I’m defining “character” as an effect that doesn’t totally change your sound, but subtly flavors your tone.

I’d say my favorite pedal that gives my guitar some character is the Keeley Katana Mini. View attachment 295205
all i know is my OCD is going BANANAS about your both **** jobs of putting tape on that as well as sloppy writing

btjguitarman

Silver Supporting Member
For me I guess it is the Pale Green Compressor. I don’t like compression too much, but this one adds something to the tone that I like.

Up until today I’d second this... I got a diamond comp in though and as much as I’m reluctant to say it, the pgc is on its way out. Either way, a subtle optical compressor is mine.

Last edited:

Trending Topics