What's your favorite discontinued guitar?

Sneaks

Westone Trevor Rabin Model (formerly Pantera).
All you could ask for in an electric guitar. H-S-S, tone control, that pulled the mids out (you can do a Tele!!!),Floyd, 24frets, ebony board. Just fantastic.
Alvarez bought Westone (or some other nefarious thing went on) and only about 96 were ever made. I have 3. INCREDIBLE.
Pics! I had a beautiful Westone Pantera in the late '80's that I should have kept.

EarleG

®
Silver Supporting Member
Fender James Burton Std. - Big D shape neck (not U as Fender advertised) that is larger that Baja
but less than Nocaster, Factory Texas Special pickups, neck pickup factory humbucking route
that also will fit a P90. Fender catalog stated body is Poplar wood. o_O

jvin248

The recently discontinued Epiphone Special Junior and IIs.

Fantastic starter guitars for low cost.

This one, a few mods, beats out the Gibson for hours of play time. It's super light (half the weight of a Gibson LP), sounds great, and plays easy (though it needed a fret level). These sold sub $100 new. Better players than Squiers. I know why Gibson/Epiphone discontinued them, needing to go up market in price, but it's a shame. Lowest priced Epiphone now is $400. Surprising no Outrage at that.

Someone should certainly re-launch the Hamer guitars. Although PRS has been doing a pretty spot on duplication program.

Howzaboppin

The recently discontinued Epiphone Special Junior and IIs.

Fantastic starter guitars for low cost.

This one, a few mods, beats out the Gibson for hours of play time. It's super light (half the weight of a Gibson LP), sounds great, and plays easy (though it needed a fret level). These sold sub $100 new. Better players than Squiers. I know why Gibson/Epiphone discontinued them, needing to go up market in price, but it's a shame. Lowest priced Epiphone now is $400. Surprising no Outrage at that.

Someone should certainly re-launch the Hamer guitars. Although PRS has been doing a pretty spot on duplication program.

I guess these days they can make more money by suing any maker of sub-$100 guitars that uses the LP shape instead of building the guitars themselves.

Oakley

Musicman Axis Sport, MM-90. The Sport was discontinued long ago. The MM-90 a few years ago. These have been my main guitar for a long time. The MM-90 isn't much like a P-90. It has its own sound - Much more Fendery than P-90, but higher output.

magicaxeman

Squier Vintage modified Telecaster thinline in shoreline gold, the only off the rack short scale (24.75") Telecaster thinline I'd ever come across at the time, I think there's a Revelation now as well but its sc in the bridge & hb at the neck rather than the above guitar which had Seymour Duncan Designed SC's oh and also a lovely rosewood board.

My old one (wish I'd never sold it)

Trending Topics