1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

what's your favorite electric guitar soft gig bag OR strap (post a pic/vid)!!!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Jimmy25, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Jimmy25

Jimmy25 Member

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  2. axe4me

axe4me Member

3. musicofanatic5

musicofanatic5 Supporting Member

The original issue Under Cover brand bag ("Denver USA" on the label) is the best unreinforced (all soft materials) gig bag ever made. Cordura covering, 2" of high-density foam on each side, thick pile psuedo-sheepskin on the inside. If I bend mine in half (empty, of course) it immediately springs right back to it's rigid form. I carry a '61 Pbass in one and would not worry if it tumbled down a flight of stairs.

Dunno when they went out of production, and I believe someone has since revived the name with a lesser product. Every time I am on ebay I search "Under Cover" in musical insts, and have found two in the past ten years. A little rare but undisputably the best.

As for guitar straps, I go with the above. Comfort, schmumfort; it's gotta look cool!

4. Gevalt

Gevalt Member

I was reading great things about the incase brand soft-cases, but they don't make 'em anymore.

Then, I was looking at the Access Stage Three bags, but they were as much or more money than the Mono softcases, which seem more rugged, with a water-resistant exterior, and a good neck-yolk.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/search/search.jsp?question=mono+gigbag

PS: I don't have any, yet, I've just done way too much research.