• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Whats your favorite Elvis movie?

chervokas

Well, if you're talking documentaries or concert films, Elvis: That's the Way It Is is my favorite Elvis movie. If you don't want to sit through a dumb Elvis movie don't watch any of the narrative movies starring Elvis -- they're all dumb! In many cases that's their charm.

Crowbar

I turned off Harum Scarum, looked bad. Other than that I like Elvis movies, I usually get a laugh out of em. Come to think of it, I don't know what most of them are, they just all blend together in my brain.

Hey I did look up "Yoga Is As Yoga Does" as mentioned earlier, it is quite ridiculous.

Trivia - which movie is the one in which Elvis dosn't sing? I think its a trick question, he sings in all of them. Though I don't remember a song scene in Flaming Star, which IMO is a pretty bad flick, Elvis playing an Indian............

SamBooka

I turned off Harum Scarum, looked bad. Other than that I like Elvis movies, I usually get a laugh out of em. Come to think of it, I don't know what most of them are, they just all blend together in my brain.

Hey I did look up "Yoga Is As Yoga Does" as mentioned earlier, it is quite ridiculous.

Trivia - which movie is the one in which Elvis dosn't sing? I think its a trick question, he sings in all of them. Though I don't remember a song scene in Flaming Star, which IMO is a pretty bad flick, Elvis playing an Indian............
He sings one song in the first few minutes in Flaming Star and that is about it. I think he is in a kitchen or something with a guitar.. it has been a while.

scottywompas

A lot of the King's movies were so similar. Pretty standard formula, hot chick, goofy sidekick, nemisis of somekind, and a race to win.

That said, I love Clambake. Viva Las Vegas is a close second.

Scott

cob666

Jailhouse Rock and King Creole are really good movies but they were made before Elvis' movies became too formulaic. It Happened at the World's Fair is one of my favorite 'fun' E movies. There's a lighthearted feelgoodness to most of his 60's movies.

Trending Topics