What's your favorite Flanger?

Ben C.

I'm no flanger aficionado, but I know what I like and like what I hear coming out of my Maxon FL-9. It also feels like a solid brick, and there is no added noise or any other issues. I have no desire to try out other flangers!

Wobegon

What flangers are best for what EH calls "Filter Matrix" mode, with no rate at all? It sounds kind of sitar-ish. I know A/DA and the EH DEM can do it, can the MXR or Maxon/Ibanez?

Chonny

Im not a huge fan of standard modulation, I have an Eventide Modfactor which covers all my modulation needs. Its flanger setting can do anything.

My favorite would be where you manually slide the flange of a tape.

nibus

I've only played a few, but I actually prefer the Boss BF-2 by a ways. It seems warmer and less metallic than others like the Maxon FL-9.

I just got a Deluxe Electric Mistress, and I love it to death. I'm not a huge flange fan, but it gets the sound I like, and it was pretty cheap, too!

I A/B'd the MXR and the Electric Mistress at the store, and went against my EHX boycott to buy the Mistress. It's very lush and full, the MXR was kinda thin like my Boss. Not true bypass like I originally wanted, but the buffer in that thing is so good I can't really tell it's there.

lonelylooper

Plate of shrimp
Gold Supporting Member
I just got a Montgomery Appliances '77 fanger III.
It's alot like the A/DA (not sure if it's an exact clone) I used to have.
Bottom line________it's amazing!

Sokar

Frankie, can I offer you some advice?

Leave it.

Here's my chain...

Wah > Fuzz > Univibe > Overdrive > BF-2 > Phaser > Chorus > Delay > Reverb > Volume Pedal > Amp.

Everything on that list is true bypass. One day I decided I wanted to get rid of my last non-true bypass pedal which was the BF-2. I removed it from my chain and my signal turned into thin, weak crap. Sounded horrible.

I know it's been brought up a million times, but a full true bypass chain may not be in your best interest.

Bypass the BF-2 and see what you find first.

I think I get over because I play through an X2 wireless, so technically that's a buffer in my chain. I didn't like the BF-2 because it does the Boss tone suck, but the Electric Mistress is pretty damn transparent. Right now I've got X2 Receiver -> Planet Waves Tuner -> Electric Mistress -> Carbon Copy -> Java Boost -> Amp.

EJW

byoc by a mile...true bypass, 9 or 18v, mxr'ish or a/da with the flip of a switch
+1. And it's stereo. Sounds excellent and there's already a few mods over on the BYOC forum. I've fixed the botched lettering since originally posting this pic:

zachman

Hey man, don't be steppin' on the dood's flanger post !

Start your own flarger post, if that's what you fancy !

:boxer
Suggest you re-read the thread title, "What's your favorite Flanger?" --

I posted it. (Hardly stepping on the post, imo)

Move on

kldonegan

Suggest you re-read the thread title, "What's your favorite Flanger?" --

I posted it. (Hardly stepping on the post, imo)

Move on
Suggest you re-read his post, and the word flaRger - which he uses in jest. See, the joke is, the MXR flaNger in that picture looks like it is a flaRger. It happens... my dyNa comp says dyRa comp now. Old age, I guess.

So this guy is being funny, and you're being aggressive.

forum_crawler

Suggest you re-read his post, and the word flaRger - which he uses in jest. See, the joke is, the MXR flaNger in that picture looks like it is a flaRger. It happens... my dyNa comp says dyRa comp now. Old age, I guess.

So this guy is being funny, and you're being aggressive.
I wouldn't say so much aggressive as much as just Rot gettiRg the poiRt. :roll

Trending Topics