What's Your Favorite Prs?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by MATH YOU, Feb 14, 2006.

1. MATH YOU

MATH YOU Member

I Just Got My New Custom 22 Artist From Eddies!!!! The Custom 22 Is My Favorite Model, That Wide Fat Neck Feels So Sweet, And The Dragon 2's Are Perfect. Got Mine With A Stop Tail And 3 Way Toggle, I Think That's The Only Way To Get Them. The Ruby Over The Quilted Maple Is Stunning!!!!!
    Check Out The Selection At Eddies. They Have So Many Great Peices!! Great Guys To Work With Too.
    Eddiesguitars.com

So Whats Your Favorite?
    Ce22
    Ce24
    Custom22
    Custom24
    Swamp Ash Special
    Mccarty
    Singlecut
    Santana
    12 String
    Hollowbody I
    Hollowbody Ii
    Double Neck Dragon?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

2. Marty s Horne

Marty s Horne Member

Congrats on your new axe. I've had a Custom 22 for 7 years and it's a great guitar. Of the 4 PRS guitars I've had, it's my favorite but I'm an avowed rotary guy. I use a single coil tone a lot and the 3 way to me is more for humbucking players but hey it's all good. Best of luck with yours and the Dragon 2s are sweet sounding pickups.

3. MATH YOU

MATH YOU Member

i am really enjoying it so far. it's not my first prs, but it is defiantly my fav. i've wanted an artist for some time now.

4. AaeCee

AaeCee Member

I've had quite a few, but not a Cu 22...yet. So far, my fave was the Santana, which is now gone, but I'm checking out a Braz. Santana now. Also seriously jones'n for one not on your list, a Modern Eagle. People rave about 'em. AC

5. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

McCarty Rosewood is by far my favorite guitar, therefore my fav PRS. It play's perfectly and looks even better.

I am thinking about trying some new pickups though...

6. MATH YOU

MATH YOU Member

sorry, how could i have forgotten the modern eagle?? i do most (99.99%) of my business through eddies guitars... they have had a couple of those in there, the guys there say that those are unbelievable, very open sounding with that nitro finish. i wouldn't mind grabbing one of those, maybe after this one gets payed off!!!! will it ever end?????

7. paintguy

paintguy Long Hair Hippy Freak Silver Supporting Member

I have a Custom 24, a Singlecut, and a Santana 1. Hard to say what I like best. They are all so different, but all so good.

3 different neck shapes, different pickups, different niches.

That being said, The Santana and Singlecut will be on the market soon as I need to sell some some guitars. Not that I want to sell, I have to sell.

All are amazing though!!! The Santana and Singlecut will go only because I have guitars that cover their tones quite closely.

The sustain on the Singlecut is amazing, and the Santana just flat out rocks. The Santana does the smooth neck pup sound of Carlos to perfection.

8. Jimmydeez

Jimmydeez Supporting Member

9. Chiba

Chiba Gold Supporting Member

2002 Archtop I was my favorite, best PRS I ever owned. Now I'm very much into my Swamp Ash though, it's an excellent guitar.

--chiba

10. esoteric pete

esoteric pete Supporting Member

i have 2 McCartys one McBurst, and one goldtop. love them both.

11. fjs1962

fjs1962 Silver Supporting Member

I picked up a Custom 22 20th Anniversary Artist quilt in Tortoise last year and it's the best PRS I've ever played. It sounds, plays and looks amazing. The only thing wrong with it is it's so pretty and perfect I'm afraid to take it out to a gig! :jo Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

12. fjs1962

Hey Pete, that McBurst was a special one for sure. you're not ready to sell it back to me, are you? ;)

13. TestierWheat

TestierWheat Member

I love my maple neck SAS. It really covers a lot of sonic real estate.

14. dash_doc

dash_doc Member

Congratulations on the CU22

I currently have three PRSi this one is my favorite

[​IMG]

15. Badfinger

Badfinger Member

Here is my favorite..[​IMG]

Santana 1 Private Stock, P90 pups, semi-hollow, stop tail, IRW Neck, BRW board. I also have a goldtop Singlecut with RP pups, a HB1, and another Santana 1. The Goldtop Singlecut has to be close to my favorite production model...

16. gixxerrock

gixxerrock Member

I have a really sweet playing CE24, but got a new HB II a few months ago. It is an incredible instrument that does many styles very well. The HB II has so much tone and personality, it gets the bulk of the playing time.

Shawn.

17. fjs1962

I've always wanted to try one of those. Seems like it would be very versatile.

18. DrPCR

DrPCR Member

congrats on the PRS,

I couldn't decide which one I like best, so I guess I had to get all them models

[​IMG]

but the modern eagle is up there

[​IMG]

and these get alot of playing these days

[​IMG]

19. Chops

Chops Gold Supporting Member

I have several models, and all are nice guitars. For me though, the Custom 24 is the signature PRS sound. For a player who owns a Les Paul, Strat and Tele and is looking for a PRS to bring something different to the table, the Custom 24 has a lot to offer.

20. prsflame

prsflame Member

IMHO, the early 80's PRS Standards (solid Mahognay) with the original T&B pickups were built to rock. I'm lucky enought to own 2 Metal Models (86 & 87) and these guitars just scream when played through a hot amp. I also have an 88 Special with the trem uproute, and HFS pickups, that also sounds incredible. :)