• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

What's your favorite song the Beatles COVERED?

stevieboy

Clouds yell at me
Gold Supporting Member
At the Royal Variety performance for the Queen Mother, on either side of John's famous "rattle your jewelry" crack, Paul sang the lead on Til There Was You, and then John on Twist and Shout.

Quite a one-two punch right there.

sonicD

Till There was You, just a perfect cover:
Sh#t! I had no idea that was a cover, and I've been listening to it for 45+ years... I just assumed it was Paul's, but then, I've haven't seen The Music Man since 1962 either! LOL!

I was gonna say Money, because I think The Beatles just own that song -THE definitive version, but now I'm not sure.

You really do learn something every day... thx

Bluedano1

I really have a bunch, but I gotta pick two:

#1 You Really Got a Hold On Me-(Smokey Robinson) just love it!
#2 Roll Over Beethoven- just love George's guitar playing and tone here- it's so clean it's almost brittle, but I love it as it's so naked in your face

Steve73

Sh#t! I had no idea that was a cover, and I've been listening to it for 45+ years... I just assumed it was Paul's, but then, I've haven't seen The Music Man since 1962 either! LOL!

I was gonna say Money, because I think The Beatles just own that song -THE definitive version, but now I'm not sure.

You really do learn something every day... thx
Haha, no problem. I actually learned that when I was searching for the chords for it in this Beatles chord book I have and I couldn't find it in there. After finding online, I learned that it was a cover as well!

Trending Topics