• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What's Your Favorite Strat Sound?

Lo Blues

Is it Jimi, SRV, Clapton, Buddy Guy, Knopfler, David Gilmore, John Mayer, John Frusciante, Buddy Holly, Yngwie, Jeff Beck, Eric Johnson, Bonnie Rait, Rory Gallagher etc...

Or maybe a mix?

5E3

So many great Strat sounds to pick from! Any list I made would be very incomplete. To name a few; Gilmour, Clapton, Beck, Hendrix, Knopfler, etc etc etc etc etc....

re-animator

For me Rory is first.

Followed by Jeff Beck and Eric Johnson.... Jimi's machine gun tone is up there though.

that said, i'm sufficiently in love with my own strat tone.

shuie

Deep Purple, Machine Head, the 2nd guitar that comes in at about 2:19 on Lazy.

ghoti

Gilmour. Johnson a close second.

Some of the others like Hendrix and SRV have been imitated so much it's hard to put them where they were "back in the day" soundwise...

shane8

the thing about all them doods is they still sound like themselves whether they use a strat or not so it's not the plank peeps ;)

Trebor Renkluaf

I was hit by a parked car, what's your excuse?
Too many to choose so I'll pick one that hasn't been mentioned yet:
Robin Trower "Daydream" from the Robin Trower Live album.

rockindog

ERIC CLAPTON just to name one of the all time greats, but there are many. Eric clearly has got the chops down. And talk about longevity! He's an institution.

jalguitarman

Eric Johnson,

Jimi Hendrix

David Gilmour,

What i have heard of John Mayers playing I do rather like the tone.

Lo Blues

Alright, I guess I dig Stevie, Jimi, Buddy. Funny, that's blackface, marshall, tweed. But when I play a strat I prefer it through a Blackface Pro or Super Reverb. Then a tweed. Fender is the best.

Trending Topics