What's your favorite tube combo amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by guitarfish, Dec 23, 2009.

1. guitarfish

guitarfish Member

The Crate V3112 (aka Palomino V32) has been real good to me. I also like the Peavey Classic 30 as a close second. I'm kicking around the idea of another amp. A head/cab is overkill for me, but I'd like to know what others are using and like. I'm most interested in the <$600 range, but don't let that stop you from posting something else if you really like it.

Go!

2. Amp360

Amp360 Senior Member

either my old JTM-50 or my Vibrolux.

3. majorledhead

majorledhead Member

I've sold them all except for a Carr Mercury. I'm loving the whole 4X12 wall of sound to go back to anything else.

4. WolfmansBrother

WolfmansBrother Member

Gotta go with the DRRI (or vintage derivative, obviously). I own a NOS blues jr as well, which I actually play more than my DRRI (due to the master volume, portability, etc.), but the DRRI will be with me for a long time...

5. salsage

salsage Member

My St Louis Music Crate VFX5112 with some minor mods has made it a boutique killer. I love this amp.
    An older bass player at a jam a few weeks ago said that those amps (VFX series) were actually manufactured for them by Traynor. Dont know how true that is.

I recently bought a Bugera V22 and it is a great grab and go amp. Unbelievable Tone on the cheap.

As you can see my tastes are inexpensive Combos that sound great.

6. halorealm7

halorealm7 Member

Just got a v3112t from a forumite here. I think I really like this little combo.

7. WolfmansBrother

WolfmansBrother Member

salsage,

I played the V22 at GC last month and it totally impressed me. For $350, that's one hell of an amp!

8. guitarfish

guitarfish Member

Yeah, I've been thinking about the Bugera V22. Looks like a cool company, they have a great website.

9. EADGBE

EADGBE Member

My Marshall TSL602.

10. Deaj

Deaj Member

The Mesa Mark V 1x12 combo is my current favorite with the Fuchs ODS-50 1x12 running a very, very close second.

11. TwoTubMan

TwoTubMan Member

For the past 18 years, Kendrick 2112TC with a Fane 12.

12. Birdy

Birdy Member

My 2x12 Mesa Electra-dyne.

13. JedimasterPaul

JedimasterPaul Supporting Member

Of the tube combos I have owned (admittedly not many), my favorite is the one I still own, Marshall 1974x

14. SLBlues

SLBlues Member

Richter 5E3 Tweed Deluxe Clone but would like to check out some of the new Nolatone offerings with low watts. Paul is building some killer amps here in Atlanta.

15. Red Suede

Red Suede Member

Mesa Single Rectifier Combo.

16. franchelB

franchelB Member

I LOVE my Peavey Delta Blues, but I also like my friends' Fender Blues Junior and Egnate Rebel 20.

17. bbutler123

bbutler123 Member

I don't need an amp (ask my wife), but I'm very excited from what I've read about the new Bugera 22 watt. It's made by Behringer who has a bad reputation for quality/durability, but it sounds like they may have conquered that bad rep. I think you should DEFINITELY hear one, at least. They're cheap - around $400 I believe. Try one, ok? :)

I have a Fender Blues Jr. NOS Tweed. I LOVE it. the Tweed one is great. (with the Jensen speaker- that speaker sounds like it's SLIGHTLY breaking up or something like that at BEDROOM levels - it's a strange thing, but I like it). But the regular Blues Jr. doesn't interest me, must be Tweed.
    My fave combo is my Marshall JCM800. I am a new-born guy to Marshall tube amps. Wow.
    I almost waited for and bought an MA series Marshall or Haze 40, both under $900.

18. guitarfish

guitarfish Member

OK :)

19. strings

strings Member

I have not played a lot of botique stuff but I have a lot of blackface, tweed, an AC 15, and lots of mics. stuff but my favorite go to combo is my Velocette 12 R.

20. samuelson

samuelson Member

my Blankenship Fat Boy with Sour Cream. great tweed sound. great with pedals. 15 inch speaker delivers that low end. 5 way bright switch lets me dial in Les Pauls and Tele's. Bought mine before Diamond amps bought them out so who knows what quality the amp is now.