What's your "hold my beer" moment? or more tame "seemed like a good idea at the time"

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by grill, Jul 9, 2019.

1. grill

grill Member

I don't remember a hold my beer moment but had some good ideas at the time.

Like lending my bro my new car and he pulled up with the back smashed in and did it again the next time with the front panels mashed. Same car!

Taking ski jumping lessons which turned out to be a competition. lol, 5th time on skies.

Crash and burn on the 30 meter, only tried 2 times. Had 3 runs.

Half my life has been "good ideas"

I really don't think I do hold my beer.

Anyone?

:):(

2. WordMan

WordMan Member

Does jumping up, claiming a guitar, kicking off the band and rocking the joint count? I’ve done that a few times when the moment called.

pickaguitar and 84superchamp like this.
  3. AaeCee

AaeCee Member

One stands out for me.

I used to work on the third floor of an office building where most windows overlooked part of our parking lot. Nearly every time one particularly stunning girl who worked on the first floor ventured to or from the lot, half the guys in my office would slobber on the windows like teenagers.

On one occasion when they went especially nuts over her very nice 'presentation', I finally had enough, and being the single and aggressive type that I was, ran down to the parking lot, walked up to her car, introduced myself, told her how so many in my office found her incredibly beautiful, and in the next breath, asked her to lunch the next day. Astonishingly, she said "yes".

Long story short .... we hit it off hard, she broke her engagement with her hockey-player fiancee two weeks later, we had a steamy six month relationship, and I became a bit of a legend in my office.

PS ... I'm now in my 25th year of an exceptionally happy marriage ... to a different but beautiful (in every way) woman.

4. grill

grill Member

Lucky you still have your own teeth.

Or do you?

AaeCee likes this.
  5. AaeCee

AaeCee Member

LOL. Well, I did until a few years ago, but it took more than a tough dude to knock them out ... I lost a coupla front teeth when I was slammed by a SUV while road biking (bicycling). Did a good bit of damage to the SUV as well though. :)

grill likes this.
  6. Kingofdogs1950

Kingofdogs1950 Member

My daughter was having trouble with her boyfriend and my wife (and daughter) asked me to throw the lout out.
    I got him as far as the front yard and, well, it was unclear who was going to win the fight. We were rolling around on the ground and my wife grabbed a large fallen branch and started wacking the boy (aka "the Hammer," as in dumb as..) in the head. The boy left, posthaste.
    I clearly forgot that I was over thirty years older than the boy.

Mark

7. grill

grill Member

so was that a good idea or hold my beer moment?

Good thing the wife was there, eh?

8. grill

grill Member

Ouch!

9. s2y

s2y Member

College. Apparently, I did stuff like that routinely and have zero memory of that. This is why I don't drink like that any more.

10. jalmer

jalmer Member

My kid's skateboard.
    "Watch Dad kick the board up!"
    Bruised ribs.

11. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Member

12. NorCal_Val

NorCal_Val Member

Wall ride at the Mt.Baldy pipe.
    My buddy grabbed my foot before I fell into "the pit".

grill, realmacaroni and Fatboy666 like this.
  13. lhallam

lhallam Member

Extremely dangerous. A co-worker was buried alive in a hole like that.

One of my many moments.

As a kid throwing a pail of gasoline on a fire. Burnt the eyebrows off my pal and made his face black. Would've burnt down the woods had there not been a shovel and pile of dirt nearby.

grill likes this.
  14. michael razor

michael razor Member

Many more than my Share!!
    Many more than I like to remember!! :eek:

Vintage_ and grill like this.
  15. Glass Onion

Glass Onion Toneful truth seeker. Gold Supporting Member

Way too many from back in the day but blowing fire balls using anything from everclear to lighter fluid to gasoline. (Yep tastes terrible for a long time).

Sorry for the funny looking pic. It is a picture of a picture of me from New Years 2000.
    I also used to break glass bottles and chew glass. A trick I spontaneously learned to do in a bar when a real big dude was trying to start something because he thought I was hitting on his girl. I am a smallish guy but y’all so the big guys liked to try and jump on me for an easy win.

I busted the beer bottle and crunched off a chunk. ( never swallow always spit out. Folks will miss that part and swear you swallowed).

Real glad I lived through those days.

Porfirio, Achewood_Johnson and grill like this.
  16. AdrenalinJunkie

AdrenalinJunkie Silver Supporting Member

I've ran boats all my life, so I'm supposed to know what I'm doing. I was running my 20' center console, and I wanted to show the guy with me how sharp it would turn. I literally said " watch this", and proceeded to make a sharp turn. I caught a swell just right and got thrown down. When I pulled myself up from the deck, the last joint of my left index finger was pointed back at 90 degrees. Without thinking, I reached down and straightened my finger. I still don't know how I did it, but the tip was shattered, they tried to surgically repair it, but it didn't work, and they amputated it just below the first joint. I thought I'd never play guitar again, so I sold most of my gear. Three years later I started playing again, and I play better now.

17. T Dizz

T Dizz Member

How much time ya got?o_O

grill likes this.
  18. bdm

bdm Supporting Member

I once had a wireless.

It made me make poor choices while playing so I got rid of it.

Poor choices may or may not have included jumping off a bar mid guitar solo and a minor fracture of the heel.

I can neither confirm nor deny this.

grill likes this.
  19. I Am Misery

I Am Misery Member

this is the dumbest thing i've ever heard. is that supposed to make you look "tough", or too "crazy" to want to mess with? sounds like the perfect opportunity to ruin someone without much effort. what would you have done if he simply grabbed you by the nose right then?

grill likes this.
  20. Timcito

Timcito Member

On the Russian-Finnish border, in sub-freezing winter temperatures, I once ran stark nekkid over the icy ground and plunged into a hole in the lake ice that one of my companions had made. Having splashed around a bit, I ran back and straight into the sweltering wood sauna from whence I had come.

I heartily recommend it … once! ;)

Achewood_Johnson and grill like this.