What’s your least used guitar, and why?

flare4roach

I own several Les Pauls and circulate thru them regularly but my American Standard Tele and Strat don’t get the love of the Gibsons. I like having them and when the mood hits, they are a joy to play but I’m such a double coil guy that the Fenders just sound wimpy in comparison.

But like I said, depends upon my mood more than anything. Sometimes my Zemaitis rules the roost.

Thwap

Likely Baked
Platinum Supporting Member
My Les Paul. It's a 68 Reissue.
It's a great guitar, I just like my ESP's more.

rhrtgh.jpg

Last edited:

clothwiring

Silver Supporting Member
I'd say I have 8 "production" guitars meaning that any of them I'd grab and use for what I'm looking for with it... Four electrics and four acoustics.

My least used electric is my gold Strat partscaster because it needs a setup and I haven't needed it since I picked up a PRS Fiore. I also have a Suhr Custom Modern that I rarely play. It's beautiful that I only pull it out at home for recordings. I've considered selling it.

Out of my acoustics I don't play my Alvarez Yairi often, great sounding guitar but the electronics don't really do it for me so I lean on either my Martins or Taylor for live work. Live, I typically play the Martin GPC-16e, but the Taylor 714ce (which is new) may become my live acoustic.

onwingsoflead

IMG_20220111_204432972.jpg

My Greco Les Paul Custom. As far as Les Pauls go it's pretty amazing. It was my first "real" guitar. My uncle gave it to me right before I turned 11. It has a LOT of miles on it by me. It got me through my first tours and shows. It's SUPER heavy though (14lbs). I've actually broken a couple of straps with it, so it largely stays home these days. Still, I'll never get rid of it. It's a great guitar with a lot of stories to tell.

The Marshall in the background was my first gigging amp. I bought it in high school, and sold it sometime in college. Recently I was trying to track down an old Valvestate and was hipped to the fact that it was in the hands of my friend's dad. I negotiated a trade with him and brought it back home in January. The "War Y'all" logo I rearranged still stands

AndreasG

My 73 Strat. It‘s a great guitar and was my number one for years, but it must have been about 3 years the last time I played it. I just prefer Gibsons for now…

Stig Ø

My P-bass is just used when I’m recording bass for a song. Playing it so rarely means it takes me a small eternity to get my “chops” up. I also don’t use my acoustic 12 string, unless called for in a recording. Not having either instrument near when it was needed would be a no-go.

Chippertheripper

Silver Supporting Member
52 L50.
it's an old acoustic (and sort of a family heirloom type thing...even though it's not worth much) that warrants being babied, humidified, and only touched gently. I go open the case and check on it, but it doesn't see much play time at all.

ldizzle

Silver Supporting Member
Least used live are either my LP custom black beauty or white falcon.
The falcon is a WONDERFUL rhythm guitar and records well.
The LPC needs frets- the fretless wonders are worn down to the ebony. Fantastic guitar. Right around 9.5#. low output lollar imperials? brilliant.

Tony Done

Mine is a Bourgeois Martin Simpson Sig. It the best guitar I have ever played for intended purpose, drop tunings and slide, but I no longer get as excited about sounds as I used to, so it sits in its case as a collectible. These days it's my biscuit tin lap steel and a $20 Target acoustic that I resurrected. :)

motokev

I've got 6 electrics and 1 acoustic.
I cycle through the electrics because I love them all.

I play the acoustic once in a while.
I find acoustics to be difficult to play and bulky.
Therefore, I don't like them.

:bong

BrokenAlleys

Except for my 1963 Jaguar that has no frets left, and a Tele because single coils are boring, I'd say my Malcolm Young G6131 Signature. I love it so much I only take it out from the case a few times a year to retain that special feeling. It works. I'm in awe every time.

Strummerfan

My least used is my Ibanez nylon string. I bought it for less than $150 because I'd never had a nylon string. The only times I use it are when my wife is playing my Seagull and wants me to teach her something. I like the sound of it, but I'm just not a nylon string guy.
Photo0046.jpg

I R P

Silver Supporting Member
Strat. I've had two cheap, trashy strats in my time. Never played them because they sound cheap and trashy. Gave one away (Yamaha) and the other is in the back corner of a closet (Squier).

Trending Topics

Top Bottom