What's your next guitar when this whole thing is over?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Magnets And Melodies, Mar 25, 2020 at 11:26 AM.

1. SoundsGood

SoundsGood Member

2. BradleyCB

BradleyCB Gold Supporting Member

Either a Suhr Pete Thorn Signature or a Fender Ron Thorn masterbuilt Strat.

3. BearBryan

BearBryan Member

[​IMG]

4. DT-PRS

DT-PRS Member

I have a semi-obscure collection as it is so maybe something a bit more traditional? I don't have a humbucker LP or SG nor a holllowbody. A hollow body with hum buckers or P90s would go down a treat I like a lot of the Epiphone ones so

5. syzygy

syzygy Member

Air guitar. I can have as many as I want!

Skyler Meredith likes this.
  6. bertramladner

bertramladner Member

Collings I35 with Throbaks if I can sell 3 guitars

7. Warkli

Warkli Member

New Charvel DK22 if I can afford one.

8. Bluesful

Bluesful Supporting Member

I think this whole thing is going to mean it's going to be many, many years until I can actually grab something.

The AUD has been absolutely smashed (down to as low as $0.55USD and it's up to $0.60USD today), so what was already expensive for me, has now gotten even worse.

The USD never seems to be impacted by much, which is good for you guys, but bad for the rest of us.

9. NYJim

NYJim Member

I'm thinking about ordering this Silverburst Stratocaster from the Fender Mod Shop once I get my corona cash from the government. I also want to make sure I'm around to play it.
    Any suggestions for pickups? I saw a video comparing pickups, but they all pretty much sound the same to me, but I'm leaning towards the Fat 50s.

[​IMG]

Daniel Clasby likes this.
  10. evan47

evan47 Member

I scored myself a 2007 PRS McCarty 10 top just as this whole Covid19 scenario was starting to affect the UK.
    There is a chance I will upgrade my amp when things settle down, I have a deal pending where I had a buyer for my acoustic gear (holding for him till he is paid next week) but, the way things are it may take longer.
    No rush. Plenty of time to make up my mind.

SoundsGood likes this.
  11. Pongo

Pongo Member

That's easy: if the current Fender American Professional or Deluxe line had an option for "vintage hot" pickups instead of the V-mod/Noiseless, I'd already own one. Or if the current American Performer had the pro's trem/tailpiece. Or if some silly person bought a Vintera modified 6 months ago, regrets it now, and wants to let me have it for less than 60% of the original purchase price.

Regarding pickups and trems: I actually really like the V-Mods in Strats/Teles, and the noiseless ones don't sound bad, but I'm not gonna buy a brand new guitar and immediately swap in new pickups. I also don't hear much of a difference between the different types of trems; it's 95% an aesthetic preference.

12. Old Beginner56

Old Beginner56 Member

Just wait a few more weeks. I have a feeling stocks will be much cheaper.

13. Relicula

Relicula Supporting Member

The time to buy stocks is quickly coming upon us, buy low which is now, and sell high later

14. AprioriMark

AprioriMark Supporting Member

I want to see if I can talk the Gibson CS into making me an R6 with a baked maple board, Carmelita carve and a figured emerald green top with natural back.

-Mark

15. phillybri

phillybri Member

16. psyclist

psyclist Supporting Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One of these!
    HS Floydrose with rails pickup.

MikeFM and Shiny_Beast like this.
  17. homerayvaughan

homerayvaughan Supporting Member

18. Skyler Meredith

Skyler Meredith Member

I got lucky I bought a MIM 60s laquer jazzmaster that already had the bridge and the trem system switched out to mastery a very reasonable $750 off Craig's list in 2016
    Like this one:
    https://www.chicagomusicexchange.co...er-surf-green-used-serial-mx17828172/17423522

This series was pretty short-lived and had the AVRI-65 pickups in it. I wouldn't have wanted to buy the guitar brand new and make these mods.
    I know it doesn't exactly meet your criteria but just thought I would share my experience that that if you search hard enough for long enough you'll eventually find a good deal on what you want. If you're wanting the Vintera, I would set up searches on craigslist and reverb and wait till you find one at the price you are willing to pay. Just a little encouragement for you to be patient. I'm sure you know this.
    My jazzmaster has been my co-number one since I got it. It's so loud acoustically it's ridiculous.

Stay safe

Skyler

Pongo likes this.
  19. Skyler Meredith

Skyler Meredith Member

What's in your collection?