• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

What's your pedal everyone loves....except you?

Qstick333

For me it is the Rat. I have owned a vintage RAT, a modern reissue, I even went for a boutique rat from JAM and I can't make it work. I'm sitting here thinking about buying a RAT for the fourth time and wondering what is wrong with me. I hear other players using one and love it, but just can;t get it to jive with my tone.

What's the pedal everyone seems to love that you don't?

SpatterThatBowl

I don’t like Rats either, like at all. I just got the Wampler Ratsbane and it’s awesome. I actually skipped watching demo videos because I figured “what’s the point? I don’t like Rats”. Then I watched a few and there I was ordering one. Got it and it sounds fantastic. I still don’t like Rats though.

Z3P0

Silver Supporting Member
Strymon Mobius is adored but I preferred dedicated analog modulation pedals. I appreciate the appeal of saving space, the form factor, and coolness though.

MagusFaerox

<blasdphemy>

Strymon Deco.

I like it when I hear other people using it, and it seems like something that should be right up my alley. I should also say that I've only tried one once in a store running into an amp I couldn't turn up to where it was really working. So, that might have something to do with it.

Mostly, though, as much as I know they're quality and a lot of people trust them...the thing just felt cheap. It's not just about it being light weight, but I can't really put my finger on why.

I really should bring my rig into a store and try it out how I'd actually use it. Or just buy one where I can return it. Or just not worry and spend that money somewhere else.

</blasphemy>

TrueStory69

For me it is the Rat. I have owned a vintage RAT, a modern reissue, I even went for a boutique rat from JAM and I can't make it work. I'm sitting here thinking about buying a RAT for the fourth time and wondering what is wrong with me. I hear other players using one and love it, but just can;t get it to jive with my tone.

What's the pedal everyone seems to love that you don't?
Rats sound their best into loud, dirty amps. I also think they sound better into British-flavored amps than Fenders.

TrueStory69

Overdrive pedals in general. The only dirt pedals (not counting fuzz!) I've ever liked have been Rat/Marshall-in-a-box/preamp type deals.

Trending Topics