What's your rarest pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by hippieboy, May 19, 2020.

1. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

I have the original (Orange) Twosome, but was dissatisfied since you couldn't have both on at once and couldn't switch the order. The Seriously Special (which I also have) allows both on at the same time and order switching....

Tomi JR likes this.
  2. GuiltySpark

GuiltySpark Member

The following info was related to me by @Guitar Josh , who I bought it from. I have one of three LoveKraft DeathStar OD pedals. It's a TS808 based OD (Mojo Drive), dual gain with a boost, and a rotary knob with 8 different clipping diodes to choose from. I'll never sell it. I do wish I had a listing of the diode types. Someday, I'll pick it apart and see what I can determine. Supposedly, this was Ethan's personal one. The box is marked 1 of 3. I tripped accross Josh's listing when I was hunting a Mojo Drive (which I had one of, then sold and later kicked myself for selling). My understanding is that the Mojo Drive was loosly based on the Landgraff LDO, which was all the rage here on TGP back in 2007 when I started lurking here.

I'm still looking for a LoveKraft Crawling Kingsnake, which was Ethan's take on a Marshall Bluesbreaker. I've been told this should fall into JHS Morning Glory territory.

daveg777 and hippieboy like this.
  3. Tomi JR

Tomi JR Member

Yeah, I love stacking the two! I often use the Fix’d side first, using it as a filter and then hitting the Blunderbuss. There are so many tones to be found from this pedal.

I didn’t know about the regular model not having these options, good to know!

4. LPSupreme11

LPSupreme11 Member

Way Huge Green Rhino #218 out of 419
    Way Huge Purple Platypus #123 out of 130
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. winkofaneye

winkofaneye Member

Maxon ST-9

Vox Script Clyde Wah

Early signed Diaz Squareface

White EP Booster ( 1 of only 1000 )

Captain Coconut 2

Prescription Electronics Facelift

69 Shi Ei Univibe

Browntone Hoochee Mama

Vox V846 68 Wah with ROUND TDK inductor

Detrik Wah

Omni Fuzz ( 1 of only 20 )

Delta Sound Electronics Delta Vibe

Del Rey Fuzz Mite

Retro Channel The Fuzz

Analogman White Dot NKT 275 Sunface

hippieboy and Mosley like this.
  6. oddball

oddball Member

1992 Marshall BluesBreaker

hippieboy likes this.
  7. pedalo

pedalo Member

I have a rare Chase Bliss Thermae from the limited run of 10 that they did for a store in Bath, England when it was released. It has a different colour scheme, which you can see from the following link:

Chase Bliss Audio Thermae Limited Edition
    https://reverb.com/item/14167008-ch...are&utm_campaign=listing&utm_content=14167008

As if this pedal wasn’t complicated enough already, mine has an enclosure from a prototype run that were printed a little bit differently so it says “normal” instead of “modulation” on the dip switch and is called a “Harmonizer” on the top instead of a “pitch shifter”!

I messaged them when I bought this and Joel very decently replied to me directly to say there were only around five like this and that it is a very rare pedal I have.

Last edited: May 23, 2020
    hippieboy likes this.
  8. PFDarkside

PFDarkside Member

I’ve got a 1/10 ZVEX Purple Sparkle Fuzz Factory from that old one off era, but there were tons of small batches, and color is a lame way to say something is rare.

FoxRox Captain Coconut 2 is actually decently rare.

Prophecysound Infinitphase mkII really is rare. 23/30 I think.

hippieboy likes this.
  9. hippieboy

hippieboy Member

super cool! I remember they had a problem with eventide because of the word harmonizer, that was the original one. I might changes the knobs to blue, looks cool!

pedalo likes this.
  10. greg777

greg777 In Constant Pursuit of Tone Gold Supporting Member

Acid Fuzz Zoink Machine Zonk machine copy. Used by Doyle Brammhal 2 and super rare. I waited 2 years for that one. I also had one of 2 Quinnamp Mantis fuzz pedals. He changed the name to Prophet after a legal TM came up.

hippieboy likes this.
  11. bandmaster

bandmaster Member

Original Vintage Technology BFD Tremolo (15V)pedal. Greatest Fender type Tremolo pedal ever.
    I also have the BFD built by BadCat, it's not close to the old unit with the 15V battery,

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    Hulakatt and hippieboy like this.
  12. popvulture

popvulture Member

I've had a few that I've sold for pretty decent sums (Digitech Space Station, Spaceman Aphelion), but a few others I haven't been able to part with (Silver Klon, super early EHX Micro Synth that might even be a prototype, a couple White Dot NKT275 Sun Faces).

I think the rarest by far though is a Schumann Lion I bought from Main Drag in Brooklyn, probably around 2004 or 05. The only other one I've ever seen for sale is a super crusty one that sold years ago on Reverb. Mine's in excellent condition... I fantasize about selling it all the time but dunno if I'll ever be able to pull the trigger haha.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    hippieboy likes this.
  13. wexi

wexi Member

I have a limited edition chrome plated Line6 Pod, 500 of them were made.

hippieboy likes this.
  14. tiktok

tiktok Supporting Member

Hard to say--Lovetone Ring Stinger, Boss Slow Gear, Ethos preamp.

hippieboy likes this.
  15. Shakes

Shakes Member

I have those too, Platypus #022 & Green Rhino #082. I have maybe another 10-12 originals from Jeorge too. Heard of a WH Pig Foot?

16. Brennivin

Brennivin Member

Technically the custom sustain pedal I had made for me because it's a one of a kind thing. But, other than that...

I'm a DOD/Digitech junky. Have been since the 80's. And I have a number of oddballs from them in my collection. FX15 Swell, FX45 Stereo Reverb, and the 650 Mini-Amp would probably be my top 3.

D. Redington and hippieboy like this.
  17. Shakes

Shakes Member

18. 60bassman

60bassman Member

SIB varidrive overdrive pedal. Runs off a 12ax7 tube. Its like adding another stage to your amp. Best overdrive I could find. Have a regular varidrive and a dual channel varidrive. The dual channel is the only one in existence. It is the prototype and was made just before they closed up shop . they are back now. Everything they make is top quality. Couldn't figure how to put a picture of them on here off my drive.

hippieboy likes this.
  19. Humbuck

Humbuck Member

I have an original Foxx Tone Machine.

Mosley and hippieboy like this.
  20. 941paco

941paco Member

I have a pretty old wah-wah, a predecessor to the cry-baby that was made by Thomas Organ before Dunlop took over. Also, I have a Maestro Phaser from the same era....a few years ago, I took them to my local genius amp/pedal tech and had both brought up to original condition. the phaser was very difficult to find the wiring diagram, but we found it on line. Both work and sound great, but I don't think they are too rare?

hippieboy likes this.