What's YOUR secret weapon?

Azeotrope

Although I agree that it's mostly in the fingers, a lot of players seem to have that one piece of gear that stays in their rigs no matter how large the overhaul. A pedal, a pick, a cable?

For me it's definitely the Banzai Cold Fusion OD. Really great, musical boost.

What's YOUR secret weapon, the one thing that helps more than any other piece of equipment define your tone?

Lolaviola

Silver Supporting Member
I guess my Boogie amp comes to mind. I love playing it with no effects a lot. THe amp has a big wide mid voice and hi-fi bottom and top that carries over the stage. I really like the high headroom of the four fat bottles. But you can dial in a little grindiness to your clean tone. I guess it's not an effect.

Unadan

Although I agree that it's mostly in the fingers, a lot of players seem to have that one piece of gear that stays in their rigs no matter how large the overhaul. A pedal, a pick, a cable?

Yep. I agree. "The tone is in my fingers." :banana :banana That and my Timmy!!

Last edited:

kldonegan

This.

4302402544_0b93b86b12.jpg

Oh... gear...

Deluxe Memory Man.

Tibbonds

I don't really have one, I can sound like me with any strat, clean amp, an overdrive or two and a good delay. I am a big believer that tone is in the fingers. I sound like me through other people's rigs and other people sound like themselves through my rig.

amp boy

quality beer.......bourbon.........jager...........blackthorn cider...........sake happy most so happy...........and my stompin jam boots,
as well as a nice pair of slacks.

and i sit on a BLACK wooden box...........woooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooohhhhh

SABBATH !!!!

daveg777

Platinum Supporting Member
My Amperex GZ34 that makes my Lightning sing...and my Kuwaiti Fils guitar pick... :D

Dave

kchoe

I'm partial to my amazing guitars and rig, but what helps a lot is my NS-2. Quiet operation is essential. Keeps everything tight as well.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom